Saturday, April 25, 2009

With hearts full of gratitude

April 25

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.”
Psalm 50:10

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Do you remember when it was rare to hear of someone whose job was either threatened, or actually lost, due to changes or cutbacks? Well, that’s hardly news anymore.  These days it seems that almost everyone is struggling with financial problems related to job security. You may be struggling and asking, “What good can possibly come from my financial problems?” They are wonderful opportunities to trust your Heavenly Father for your daily bread. I’ve always said that it’s better to have a Father who owns a bakery than to have a warehouse full of bread!

ACTION POINT:
Are you having financial woes? Do you know someone who is? Share with them the Good News of God's provision and faithfulness.

share devotional with a friend
visit lwf.org

So just let me share with you the Good News of God's provision and faithfulness:

When I married Don, I was not surprised by the fact that he knew God was calling him into the RV ministry... he had told me before he ask me to marry him.  I had also heard him speak of the desire to serve God in this field for several years before.  God had been preparing me all my life by keeping me in a place where I always had to trust Him for provision for myself and my girls.  And He had always been faithful.  So, when Don asked me if I would be willing to sell my home and go into this ministry with him, hand in hand, I did not hesitate, because I knew that it was just another exciting opportunity for me to trust my faithful Father.  And faithful He has been.  We are always amazed and humbled by His provision... how He speaks to the hearts of His Children, how they respond in obedience with such joy.  Our cup of rejoicing and gratitude runs over.

For those of you who have been a part of God's provision for us, may Jehovah-jireh (the LORD who provides) bless you with multiplied blessings of every kind on a daily basis.  Be prepared for the flood gates of Heaven to shower you immeasurably.

On a practical note, Don has taken the pick-up truck into Casa Grande to get tires rotated and sufficiently aired for our journey to points west and  on to Oklahoma the first week of May.  Every time we pay for these needed services, we thank God and pray for blessings for those who have heard His voice and responded.  Every time we are able to help someone else who has a need, we thank God for you.  Every day, as we serve God in this wonderful ministry, we thank Him for you.

We are excited to see where God is at work around us this summer and to be invited by Him to join Him in His work.

We love you all.  We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Caught up with the blogs tonight. Have been busy and I will try to get mine up-to-date soon. Really enjoyed your beautiful pictures. You guys travel safe on your upcoming travels.

Anonymous said...

The music you have on this website is absolutely beautiful----
David