Monday, April 27, 2009

On the road again (so original)

I woke up this morning around 6:40, stretched and said, "Good morning, Lord.  I love you. Thank you for dying on the cross for me.  Thank you. Father."  Immediately a dove cooed a couple of times.  The smile in my heart made it's way to my lips.

Add to that the blessing of two new Saguaro blooms this morning. 100_4279100_4277(close-up of Saguaro bloom for Margie) Saguaro flower up close100_4279 2 Add to that the blessing of having Toma and Jim as neighbors.  Sweet Jim took our picture.  Toma is so tall!Toma is so tall!NOT!100_4282 We sure are going to miss Toma & Jim  and her flowers.100_4284100_4287100_4288 Toma's oleander hedge100_4289Oleander in the Arizona morning sun.100_4290Snap Dragons.Toma's snap dragons So now we are on the road again, headed for Parker, AZ.  Construction on Hwy. 85 from Gila Bend to Buckeye. Sure needs work, very rough.  (lots of variety in THIS post)100_4292

The Saguaro in the desert are blooming, lots.

12:00 noon, stopped for a sandwich.

Prisons on the left and right of the highway, acres and acres of prisons.

Big landfill on the right.

Huge nursery on the left.  May be part of the prison.

Going.down.the.road... 100_4294

Passing Buckeye, AZ. "Hi, Jody!!" (We've been online friends about 12 years.)100_4299

Nice traveling day. Overcast. Slight breeze, but not too bad.

Mmmm, guess the wind is blowing harder than I thought. 100_4311

I know this is all terribly interesting to you.  I'm just entertaining myself.  I wonder what this is?100_4314

I didn't venture into this area of the Rest Area. The sign kind of scared me. "Poisonous snakes and insects inhabit this area."100_4302

Talked to Kathy and Tom Burge, friends we met in Coffeyville.  They are in the Black Hills of SD for the summer.  Got ten inches of snow Saturday and they lost electric power, but everything is good now. Great couple.

Talked to Leslie. She has an interview at a new bank in Round Rock at 3:00 PM today. Also, there's a family interested in leasing their Waco house for a year with an option to buy after 12 months.

LaNae is taking her nursing school entrance exam today.

BTW, have you clicked on the Blogger's Choice widget at the top to vote for my blog?  Thank you!

This can't be good. (pardon the bugs on the windshield)this can't be good. Destination, Parker, AZ, in view.  3:00 PM.Parker, AZ  in the distance We are parked 50 yards from water!!!Bluewater RV Park, Parker, AZ My wonderful hubby is oh.so.very.happy.my baby is happy Local fowl.100_4325 We ate in tonight.  (not duck... chicken) Just relaxing and being very grateful to have arrived safely. 

We are so blessed.

5 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Have a safe trip to Oklahoma.

Snookie said...

You almost had me fooled with that picture of you and Toma. But then I thought way a minute, I think Toma is taller than ME...what's going on here? Then I scrolled down.

The Longs said...

that may be the tower base for windmills that are made here in Newton Iowa Have a safe trip and a wonderful summer Love Ya both

LaVon Baker said...

You could be right, John. There were two small ones, a medium size, and a large one.

Peggy & Bill said...

Thank you for all the beautiful pictures of the Saguaro flowers! I was so thrilled to see my first one in bloom this year. I've always wanted to see them. You take the most beautiful pictures of flowers! I love them!
Have safe & happy travels. God Bless and thank you for the uplifting messages in your daily blog.