Thursday, April 23, 2009

Desert Beauties

Sunscape Garden Saguaro

You know I've been watching the Saguaro across the street.  Everyone says that the blooms probably won't open before we leave next Monday.  So.... I asked God if He would open at least one of the blooms before we leave.  I woke up this morning about five o'clock somehow excited about being awake... very unusual for someone who thinks the sun starts in the sky no earlier than eight o'clock. C'mon.  I'm teasin' ya.  Anyway, when I emerged from the house with every intention of going over to Jack and Maggie's to see if there were any more Argentine Giant show-offs, the first thing I noticed when I stepped out of the Quantum was the Saguaro across the street.  God loves me!!God loves me!!  I prayed and God opened a Saguaro bloom for me before we leave. I know it looks lost up there on top, but just use your imagination and "see" all of the buds open at once.  Wouldn't that be spectacular?!the Star of the DayThe bees love all the flowers and they arrive quickly. Saguaro bloom and the bee

Toma's Garden

The Easter Lily Claret Cup Hedgehog is showing off again with new blooms this morning.Easter Lily Two Old Men, about four inches tall.two hairy old men enjoying the early morning sunshine Blue Heron just arrived yesterday, late, and loves it by the water.Toma's blue heron up close Oleanderpink oleanderBack on my bike, I'm on my way over to Jack and Maggie's when I meet Jim Chesness on his bike and he says, "You have to go by Herb and Delores's park model and see what's "arrived!"  So I so straight to

Herb and Delores's Trichocereus Gardentook Madeline and Mike back to see Herb  and Delores' babiespink trichocereus i just couldn't take enough pictures of these trichocereus pink trichocereus100_4069100_4078100_4076 On down the street are more of

Mike and Madeline's

Show-offs  

on down the street at Mike and Madeline Moore's... more show-offs

Finally, I got over to

Jack and Maggie's

100_4101100_4097100_4098100_4099100_4100100_4102100_4103

After pulling myself away from Jack and Maggie's Argentine Giant, I stopped by Averil Cox's to check on her because we had heard that she was in the hospital with a heart issue.  Our land phone is not working, so no one has been able to call us to let us know what was going on with her.  I was tickled to see that she was home, got home last night about 8:00.  She said the doctor's could not find anything wrong, but if she keeps having chest and arm pains, they will do an angiogram.  We're praying that the pains will not return and she will be alright.  While visiting, I discovered

Averil's Roses

Averil's rosesAveril Cox's roses Averil's roses Averil's roses Averil's rosesTea RosesAveril's tea rosesAveril's tea roses After leaving Averil's, I started back to the Quantum, but heard my husband's voice across the street at Jim and Tom's with Jim and Emmy Cleveland... they were saying there "so longs."  While there, Jean Waller, the professional horticulturist from down the street, stopped by to tell us that there are a LOT of trichocereus' blooming in her garden.  In about twenty minutes, Toma took me, with our cameras in hand, on her golf cart down to

Jean Waller's Cactus Garden

be prepared to be dazzled.Jean Waller's garden - 14 blooms

Jean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenLavender TrichocereusJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's garden - lavender trichocereuslavender trichocereus - Jean Waller's gardenColors I can't begin to describe:Jean Waller's gardenJean Waller's garden100_4123Jean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenAre you dazzled yet?Jean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenLooks deformed, doesn't it?Jean Waller's gardenGet your gun!Jean Waller's gardenMajor needles.Jean Waller's gardenRainbow Cactirainbow cactus - Jean Waller's gardenJean Waller's gardenJean Waller's garden We are so blessed.                       

No comments: