Sunday, February 20, 2011

It’s Sunday.

Sunday’s have been so busy here this winter.

Today was church, of course, which was really good.  We had a larger than usual crowd because after church, the annual Tip O’ Texas Memorial Service was held in the main hall.  Don gave the invocation and read Bible verses, stating a few words of encouragement and truth to those in attendance.  Forty-two residents or past residents were remembered today.

Heather and Alex invited us to lunch with them and we went to a Mexican place.  (I was a good girl.)  Heather attended the retreat yesterday and it was really nice to get to know her and her husband better today.

This afternoon at 3:00, I went back to the activities room to help Carilyn and JoAnn set up and serve the forty widows who were honored by a tea.  They really had a good time sharing life experiences and talking about their lives.

By the time I got back to the Q, Don was ready to eat, but he is still lacking in energy since our “walking” on Friday, so we went to the Outback nearby.  Grilled chicken, seasonal steamed veggies, 1/2 baked sweet potato and salad with oil and vinegar dressing, no bread, for me.  Outback does a good job with the veggies… steamed just right, not mushy.  I can’t stand mushy veggies.

I apologize for no pictures today, but I just decided not to carry my camera to dinner and I didn’t think it was appropriate the rest of the day.

We are so blessed.

No comments: