Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tomorrow....

... is the beginning of Valentine's Day month.

It's 11:11 PM and I thought I was headed to bed, but there are words I need to get out of my head.  Thoughts in my heart that I must write down.

How appropriate that Don's sermon this morning was "The Greatest Love Story Ever."

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16  (NKJV)

The greatest love = For God SO loved the world.

The greatest gift = that He GAVE His only begotten Son.

The greatest faith = that whosoever believes in HIM.

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

The greatest life = should not perish but have everlasting (and abundant) life.

heart-04

To find myself in the midst of the promised abundant life is beyond anything I could imagine.  And all because I, in simple faith, accepted that gift of grace and forgiveness, redemption and salvation, made possible by God, my Father and Creator.  Because He caused me to understand my need for a Savior, I choice Him as my Lord and Master. 

What a gentle Master He is.

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
May my meditation be sweet to Him;
I will be glad in the Lord (Psalm 104:33-34).
For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light (Psalm 36:9).

No comments: