Sunday, January 10, 2010

Page 37

GOD called me not to destroy

the darkness, but to share the

light.

100_4332

Quoting Mrs. Smith's first two paragraphs of this topic:

"What motivates us is of great importance.  If we are motivated by the compulsion to destroy the darkness, we often destroy people in the process.  It is difficult to have the right spirit when motivated by destroying the darkness.

God did not call me to destroy the darkness.  God called me to share the light.  Light destroys the darkness."

Oh, this speaks volumes to me.  There is so much wrong (darkness) in this world and I find myself being motivated to attack that darkness with righteous indignation and a passion of justice and protection of God and all things right and pure. 

Back up, LaVon.  That's not what God has called me to do.  That's the work of Jesus Christ.  "The battle is the Lord's." 

"And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!” -------- I Samuel 17:47

God has called me to share Jesus Christ within our dark world.  Where He is, there can be NO darkness.  The presence of Light destroys the darkness!

How liberating is that?!!

Sometimes, God requires that I use words to share Christ, but ALWAYS, I am to share the love of Christ Jesus with my life.  Which brings me to another thought that I will address in another post:  where does the power to be an extension of Christ come from?

"I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12)

No comments: