Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clear, Clean Air

And there is still snow on the mountains past Coolidge.100_0333

The Casa Grande Ruins National Monument seems to have weathered the recent storms.snow on the mountains past Coolidge with the Casa Grande Ruins in the foreground

Don wanted to get out and Tuesday is our best day to do that, so we drove to Gilbert to look around.  I took a picture of the church beside this bell tower the other day.100_0338

Don thought this looked like Lightning McQueen, so I had to take a picture.Don was drooling over this Camero

His mouth was drooling over this Camero.we thought it looked like the red car in CARS

We found ourselves at Joe's Real Barbeque where members of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Swat Team came for lunch, too.  Maricopa County is where the famous Joe Arpaio is Sheriff.... since 1993.  The media doesn't seem to care for him, but Maricopa County continues to elect him as their Sheriff.where Famous Joe Arpaio is sheriff since 1993

It's seems that we parked next to some interesting vehicles today.100_0344100_0345

We stopped by Sam's Club Warehouse to look around and I saw another interesting vehicle.  The hidden sticker says, "If you died tonight, would you be in Heaven or Hell?"  ... hence, the license plate. Another addition to our license plate collection:100_0347

Another shot of the mountains with snow.  100_0349

The late afternoon clouds were beautiful.beautiful late afternoon clouds

I sure enjoyed my day out with my wonderful husband.... just the two of us.

We are so blessed.

fb twitter blog

shoponline newsletter

DAILY VERSE
You do not have, because you do not ask God.-James 4:2


DAILY QUOTE
Prayer is the way and means God has appointed for the communication of the blessings of His goodness to His people.-Arthur W. Pink


DAILY THOUGHT

God blesses us every day with things we don’t necessarily ask for, things we might take for granted: a place to live, fresh air, the beauty of nature, friends and family. But for some blessings, He chooses to make us part of the process by encouraging us to ask for what we need and want. And the truth is that we experience life and blessings more fully when we look to God for all our wants and needs, either through expressing gratitude or petitioning Him for our needs.
If you’re hurting for something today, ask God for it. And if you’re not, thank Him for what you have. You’ll find your life more richly blessed—even if only from an improved attitude. Best yet, your whole being will be permeated with an awareness of God’s presence and goodness.
Lord, thank You for blessing me. Help me open my heart and needs to You today. Amen.

It may be a simple thing, but twice in the recent past, I have misplaced items in this little "house" of ours and could not, for the life of me, find them.  And then I remembered to ask God to help me, both times, and immediately, I remembered where I had placed the items.  Do I believe that God is with me and cares about me?  With every fiber of my being.  Thank You, Lord.

No comments: