Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A best buy.

9379317 Front Large

Daughter Leslie is the bomb!!  She called me today so excited, "Mom, I just pulled a Dave Ramsey!!" 

Their bedroom TV had gone out a while back and they're just like so many of us... turn the TV on, go to bed, set the "sleep timer" on the TV and go to sleep.  Well, Best Buy has their TV, regularly $399, on sale for $349.  She was not prepared to pay that amount so Leslie walked into Best Buy today, told the salesman she wanted that TV and she had $300, cash, that she wanted to pay for it.  He said, "I don't think I can do that."  She said, "Will you ask?" Sure."  The sales manager of that department thought about it for a few seconds and said, "Well, you know that the sale price of $349 is already below our cost." She said, "I understand that, but I have $300." He said, "For you, just today, we can do that."  !!!!!   In less than thirty minutes, they had taken her new TV to her car and she was on her way, with time left on her lunch hour!  She assured me know that she was very nice, not demanding at all, AND that she prayed for boldness and confidence before she walked into the store.  God answered her prayer.

I must check Dave Ramsey's FaceBook page tonight.  I'm sure she is going to post her "adventure."

The moral of this story:  Ask.

No comments: