Saturday, January 2, 2010

"I am connected."

...from The Path Beyond the Gate by Ann Smith.100_4338

"I also believe it is impossible for me not to make a difference--one way or another.  I do not live in a vacuum.  The way I live either contributes to the darkness of our world or to the light and hope of our world.  Being connected to God's ongoing plan is quite wonderful.  Whatever my limitations, if I do and be what I can, my small part makes an enormous difference and I can celebrate what God is doing through those who far surpass what I could ever do." - Ann Smith

I love this truth:  I am connected.  It reminds me of the times that Don and I prayed as Jabez prayed in I Chronicles 4:9-10 -- "Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory!"  And then God called us into full-time RV ministry and we are now "connected" to people from all over the U.S. and Canada.  Wow!!  And we minister and the ripple effect has been a God thing.  And we are blessed beyond measure.

Being connected and having an influence also reminds me about the story my saintly step-grandmother told me about her mother and how she would sit under the tree by their house in Alabama, and Mammaw would sit by the window and listen to her praying for her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc.  To realize that God allowed me to be brought into that family to be included in that prayer and that blessing, well, it truly confirms how we are connected  and how beautiful and precious when it's controlled by God.  To think that Jesus would leave heaven, be crucified, and rise to life again so that I could be, also, adopted into the family of God.

Dear Lord, help me to always contribute to the light and hope in this world. Amen.

1 comment:

Lavonda Pflug said...

A good thing for all of us to pray.