Monday, January 11, 2010

The Beginning is near.

I would like to share an email with you that I received from a very close young friend to Mama Trudy.  We are praying for Heather's mum (English) who has recently been diagnosed with a malignant tumor in her lower colon which has spread to her liver. 

Dear Prayer Warriors, Friends and Family,

You are special people and I'm indebted to your prayers and kindness.  Sorry I can't respond individually but no computer at home and limited Internet time.  Am working on getting one at home.  Need to point out to some that I'm actually in England.

I know how people long to talk to Mum and express their concern but, true to style, she hates talking about herself and ESPECIALLY does NOT want to dwell on this horrible matter, so please write if anything, just talking about your life.  She loves getting letters. She knows you love and care for her, even if you don't call.  She doesn't want to talk to anyone.  We try to keep her distracted and busy.

Mum's faith has increased, as has mine, and she loves to hear about Jesus and encouraging scriptures, and we've shared our encouraging findings in our morning devotions which is a blessing.  She's not afraid to die, just concerned about the pain, but God has led us each step of the way (undoubtedly).  She's excited at the prospect of heaven and angels and dreamt of her mother the other night, who will probably greet her.  How wonderful.  I can't wait to be there with saved loved ones and friends.

Jeff (hubby) finally made it to America, and is hopefully home by now, having spent and exhausting Saturday and night in Charlotte, North Carolina, then dragging his luggage around all Sunday.  Please pray for strength for him as he starts back at college today, with a child to homeschool and care for.  I sure miss my darling son.  Jeff has been a tower of strength - my rock with a little "R" (after the Lord).

Thanks for offers of help.  Can't really think of anything unless Jeff needs a child-minder or help with schooling Samuel.  We're not stressing about his school right now.

I thank God for this incredible privilege of being with my parents right now.  Jeff and I took Mum for a little walk the other day and it was absolutely precious.  I look at everyone wondering if they've lost their mother, and obviously many have gone through this trauma.  God gives us trials so we can comfort others with the comfort God gives us when we know and trust Him.

I have had some of the best times in my life, and worst.  Best when I keep my eyes on Jesus, talk to Him and pray - acknowledging His amazing mercies and guidance each day, and the fact that I'll see Mum again one fine day, in Heaven, and worst when I take my eyes off the Lord and my mind dwells on how things might go.  I'm trusting the Lord that she'll remain comfortable and fall asleep and wake up with her precious, loving Lord.

At the airport, the Lord put us next to a couple who "just happened" to be a nurse and nurse teacher.  I eventually told them about Mum and asked if she'd be in much pain as we're all concerned about that.  They quickly said "absolutely not" and gave me advice on home nurses and assured me they'd have the same pain medication as a hospital and all the necessary equipment for her comfort.  Praise God..

Mum is amazing as well as adorable.  This morning she told me she'd had no pain meds for 2 days when I asked her if she's in any pain.  PRAISE GOD!  He will see her through and "never leave, nor forsake her".  I don't know how anyone could go through any of this without a personal relationship with our beloved Lord and Saviour.  He is the only peace-giver.

Thanks for Mum's precious, sincere and loving friends who prayed with and for me in Mum's church yesterday.  I was uplifted all day and still am as I went through my church's hymnal this morning with a much greater appreciation for the words in it.  God is SO good!  Jesus is an Anchor for the soul. 

Mum's been eating the healthy lunches I've been giving her, and enjoying them.  We're trying to stay off meat and sugar. 

A dear saint in Mum's church said "You can see God's love in Pat's smile".  That sums her up.  She is so others-oriented that she's been sewing some of Jeff's holey T shirts, and dutifully washing and ironing our clothes. 

All for now. 

THANKS!

Love, Heather.

The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord

No comments: