Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New additions to the Q

Judy and John Long, as you know, arrived last Sunday for a few days and the brought this beautiful wooden cross and dove to add to my collection of one... now we have two!100_0359

It looks really pretty over the picture by the door.  Now I can see this one from my chair and Don can see the other one from his chair.100_0362Thanks, John and Judy!  And we are loving having you here, even if it is just for a few days.

I'm very excited about the newest addition to the Q.  Can you pick it out?100_0363

Since moving my chair, I needed a table and I found a really good buy online.  It arrived today and entertained my husband by assembling it.  I could not find the directions and plastic bag with screws and knobs. (I seem to be loosing things, don't I?)  Anyway, with Don's help, I got it put together and it's just the perfect size.  I love it!100_0366

A drawer and a door for more storage.  The color is called "Espresso."  It's large enough to be functional, yet small enough to lay on the couch when we move the dining table and chairs back to this area for moving.  This area makes the Q feel even more like my "nest." 100_0367

I have to report on the Ladies Bible Study, which was this morning.  The room was full!  I counted, roughly, 24 or 25 ladies and then two more came in.  We had a wonderful time of sharing and learning more about "the Lord who sanctifies, Jehovah Mekoddishkem."  I introduced our study for next week, "the Lord is Peace, Jehovah Shalom."  We're looking forward to our time together each week.

The mind grows by taking in, but the heart grows by giving out; and it is important to maintain a balanced life. - Warren Wiersbe

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

Beautiful cross!! Love your new table. I need a table about that size too. Need to look into that. Your weather looks much improved!