Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it only Tuesday?

Linnea picked me up at 8:00 this morning and we headed back to Gilbert to bring Fran home because the doctor said last night that he could go home at 9:00 this morning.

It had rained early this morning and the clouds were moving out as the sun came up.  Linnea loves the cloud formations just like I do.wow!

Enroute to Gilbert, there is an area with lots of Saguaro cacti.  It's not easy getting a big cactus centered in the frame at 55 miles per hour.  Ok, it was an accident, I'm really not that good.on the way to Gilbert with Linnea

A Saguaro forest.100_0043

At a distance, the Saguaro are difficult to see, but there are many in this picture.100_0047

Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is so pretty in the morning sunshine.  With Linnea's handicap status, we got a great parking space.Mercy Gilbert Medical Center

Ok, we got to the hospital about 9:00 and Fran was getting ready to leave; which happened about noon. 

During the morning, daughter Leslie called and I walked out into a common area to talk to her.  Remember Dale and Mary Lou from last night?  Well, I had already been around to the waiting room to see if he might be there, but he wasn't.  I wanted so badly to see Dale and find out how Mary Lou was doing this morning as  Don and I had prayed for them again this morning.  As I was talking to Leslie on my cell phone, Dale walked through the common area!!! I was so excited to see him and his face just lit up when he saw me.  When I asked him about Mary Lou he said that she was doing better, she had been talking to him, and they had even removed all the tubes from her.  I was elated and his face was like sunshine and his eyes were so bright.  He thanked me again for our prayers and we hugged and he went on down the hall with his walker.  I could have done a happy dance right there.... in fact, I think I did as I retold the story to Leslie.  She was moved, just as we were, by this sweet heart.  Isn't that just like God to let me see Dale again this morning?!!  I couldn't wait to call Don and tell him and we rejoice together for the answer to our prayers.  Mary Lou lived through the night and seems to be improving.

When we finally got on the way, it was lunch time and we were all hungry, so we stopped at Chili's and had lunch.

We are supposed to be having rain all this week, but the skies turned blue today and it was beautiful.  The clouds did roll back in later and we got a little more rain; also, the wind got stronger.

On the way home, I took a few more pictures of the Saguaro.  I thought this one was interesting.100_0056

More forest.  Most of these are probably one hundred years old or older.100_0060

When I got home, Joel and Linda were here.  We chatted and played two games of Zilch and chatted some more and then it was time for them to go.  We wanted to delay this moment, so we took pictures.  I had to sit on the step because little Linda is I am so much taller than Linda.  Love, love, love this sweet lady!!LaVon and Linda Floto

Don had the camera, so we were hamming it up.  We do have fun together!100_0063

Now Joel is sitting on the step.  He's taller than me, even!  Visiting with them, it finally hit me why (excuse the word) short women marry tall men........ TO REACH THE TOP SHELVES AND CABINETS!!! Duh!Joel and Linda Floto

We sure hope we see Joel and Linda again somewhere!  I got him started blogging, so we will keep up with them for sure.... until we see them again. 

We have a friend, Jim, in the park who does wonderful woodwork.  He made this beautiful wooden cross and dove for us.  I must find out if he has a website.  He's also making us a napkin holder.  I can't wait to see it.wood

It's been a great week already and it's only Tuesday.

Tomorrow, Bible study and whatever else God has planned!  It will be good.   

2 comments:

The Longs said...

shoot we were bringing you a cross and dove when we get together have had it for over a year.

LaVon Baker said...

That's great, John and Judy. I'm collecting them!!!