Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I do not take God anywhere."

This title really got my attention.  100_4342

And as Ann Smith said, "God is everywhere and I believe our full-time job as Christians is to try to discover what God's up to and cooperate with Him.  Psalm 139 speaks so eloquently of God's presence.  No matter where I go, He is there."  Already.  I didn't take Him there.

Every paragraph of this page is packed with jewels of wisdom and revelation.  Mrs. Smith's words reminded me of the study Don and I did last winter:  "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby.  Mr. Blackaby encouraged us to ask God everyday where He is at work and see this as our invitation to join Him in that work.  It is truly the most liberating concept and relieves the believer of the burden of running around trying to decide what God wants them to do or if they are doing God's will.  Or where they can take God.  We just pray and ask God what He's doing that day.  He shows us and when we cooperate with Him and join Him, we know that we are doing His will.  And it is the most satisfying work.

And so, to our dear, sweet, sweet friend who knocked on our door the other day just to tell us what our being here has meant to him and how his family has grown in the Lord since we've been here, we say, "God was already at work in you and we were simply given the precious privilege of being a part of that wonderful work."  We are so blessed.

I encourage everyone to order the book for your coffee table or collection:  The Path Beyond the Gate by Ann Smith.  You will not be disappointed.

No comments: