Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Waco - last day - Tuesday

Back to Leslie's this morning to get our last load of laundry out of the dryer and do a few more things for Les in the house.  Moving company came to give an estimate for the company in Corpus that will move them.  Les had to work, of course, but also had a dentist appointment this afternoon, so we picked the kids up for her.... our last day to pick them up.

I was amazed how much Leslie and friends got done last night... got all the furniture back into the house and she got all the rooms partially set up for showing the house to sell.  I feel much better about leaving her tomorrow.. it's now manageable for her.  Billie is also leaving tomorrow for Kansas to her high school reunion, so Leslie will be alone, but she can handle it now and plans to have everything ready to list the house and pictures taken by this weekend.  She'll do it.

Don and I had lunch with Mom and Pops one last time before we leave.  We ate out on Hwy. 6 at the Hog Creek Icehouse.100_5571 The food was really, really good.  Don & Pops had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and green beans, gravy, too. Mom had fried chicken and I had chopped sirlon with a baked potato and salad. Vino was our very good waiter.100_5573I'm talking about food and the waiter because I don't like to think about leaving good friends.  They are so special to us, but we will be back.

Pops helped with some repairs on the 5'er and after they left, I was inside doing a little packing when I hear footsteps on the roof.  Are you kidding me???? I go outside and look up to find my husband on the roof sweeping off leaves.  One: he climbed the ladder. Two: he doesn't do the sweeping motion thing without consequences.  And the consequences were depleted energy.... zapped.

Back at Leslie's after picking up the kids, I tackled cleaning out the refrigerator.... while Don slept in the chair.  I knew this would be one time consuming job that I could do for her, especially since the frig will stay with the house.

When Leslie got home from work, Don took us all out to the Cotton Patch Restaurant for dinner.  Camden is showing Papa Doppy a picture of some cows and a pig on the wall.100_5577 While waiting for our meal, Emma colors and works the word puzzle, with mama's help.100_5578 Camden waits patiently.  100_5579Pook poses so prettily with Leslie. To me, it felt like I was back 30 years.100_5581Diesel helps himself to his mashed potatoes while his mama went to the restroom with Pook.100_5582Emma has more coloring to do.100_5580 So nice of The Cotton Patch to give Oreo cookies to the kids for dessert.100_5584  All clean and handsome again after the Oreo mess.100_5586Back at the house, it's time for haircuts as Grammy gets out her sissors.  Isn't Diesel sitting nice and still?  It didn't last long. 100_5587But it was worth it.... so handsome and ready for bed.... and goodbyes. There's a lump  forming in my throat.  We won't see them again until July.  At least, it's only about two and half months, not five months. 100_5594 Next, it was Pook's turn under the cape and she kept us entertained with funny faces as Grammy worked her magic.100_5590 See, it worked!  Isn't she precious?100_5596Emma, mama & Grammy discuss the possibility of Emma going to Kansas with Grammy, but she decides she wants to stay with Mama.  She's dressed for bedtime... she wears the funnies things to sleep in.100_5597 

We kiss and hug Emma goodbye (lump enlarges) and she tells us she will see us in July for Mama Trudy's birthday party.  (shhhh.  it's a surprise)  By the time I hug and kiss Leslie goodbye, the water works have started.  I don't usually do this when we are leaving, but I think the emotion of Leslie and family leaving Waco and friends there and all that's ahead of them just got all mixed in there with my sadness at leaving yet again.  I know it's all a part of life, but Emma and Camden will be a little bigger the next time I see them and I will have missed it.  I know, I know... I can't be right with all my grand kids all the time as they grow up.   These two weeks have been great and I am so grateful for the time we've had with them.

So, looking forward to tomorrow, we're very excited about seeing the rest of our family, including more grand children.

It  seems there is wind in the forecast for tomorrow.  Please pray for our safety and a TAIL WIND!

God bless each and everyone.  Remember, walk in Truth and Light.

No comments: