Thursday, April 24, 2008

for horse enthusiasts

On Sharon & Tom Peterson's blog, Sharon tells how cold it still is in Oregon and how anxious she is to get out and work with her horse, Reba.  While channel surfing I found a channel or show called Beyond Rodeo. There's a fairly new event/production called Road to the Horse.  If you like horses, it's a very interesting web site.  Best I can determine, clinician competitors pick a green 3-year old colt and train them in two days... kind of in the order of a horse whisperer, I think.  It's getting to be very popular in the horse world.  If you remember Stacy Westfall, the girl who rode her horse in competition without bridle or saddle, won the 2006 Road to the Horse competition in Tennessee. stacystanding Here's a good web site, Sharon, to help you pass the cold days, but be prepared for the viewing of it to make you even more impatient to get out with Reba.   <--(Click anywhere in this paragraph)

Liz, in our trip from Arizona, through Texas and up to Oklahoma, I've seen a lot of paint horses, but of course we're going at 65 mph and I didn't get many pictures.  Every time I see a paint horse, I think of you!

No comments: