Saturday, April 19, 2008

Norman - Day 3 - Are you ready for this?

IS THAT THE SPORTS CENTER THEME SONG I HEAR???

In case your are not sure, that's my almost 90 year old Mother on the back of that Harley Davidson! Mike arrived at Mama Trudy's around 4:00 PM today... beautiful afternoon, temperature about 85 degrees. [remember, you can click the pictures to see enlarged views]100_5857Mike, our son-in-law, tells us about his Harley while Mama Trudy gets her riding gear on. 100_5859 OK, Mama is ready for her helmet and100_5860 goggles.100_5861 I will insert here, that she has not batted an eye about what she is about to do. When Mike called and asked if she was ready to go on that ride he promised her, she said without hesitation, "YES!" and begin to get her clothes changed. After a few instructions, she was on and ready to go.100_5862 They're backing out... and she doesn't flinch one little bit. 100_5863 And this is the shot I got just before I started the video. 100_5864 Amazing! There they go.100_5866They were gone for about 15 - 20 minutes, which I spent calling Leslie and niece, Tammy, letting them know what their grandmother was doing. I was on the phone with Tammy when we heard the Harley coming. She looks just like she did when she left, just a little wider grin.100_5867 After her graceful dismount, 100_5868 I asked her how she liked her ride? To which she replied, "Great! I'm gonna get me one of these!" Meaning the motorcycle. While Mike removes her helmet, they're discussing her next ride, which will be longer and will probably include lunch somewhere along the way. 100_5870 "I can't wait to call Nella (her sister) and tell her I rode a Harley!"100_5871 "Thank you, Mike, that was fun!"100_5872

That's my Mama.

4 comments:

Snookie said...

Next she'll want to go skydiving! Remember, it was a few short weeks ago that I went on the cycle ride with George Reid!

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Are you as advanterous as your mother? Is it in the jeans? If you are, make sure Rick is around to get your picture. We sure do miss you guys. Tell your mother a Honda Goldwing would be much more comfortable to ride.

LaVon Baker said...

Snookie, makes me wonder what all she's doing when we're gone!! Wendy, I think I missed that gene, but I think I'm going to have to ride the Harley with Mike. I can't let my mama out-do me, can I? Anyway, it was a GREAT photo opp and she has amazed her grandchild beyond belief.

LaVon Baker said...

GrandCHILDREN.