Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just for my young mama friends

over at nitty gritty, Jody wrote her thoughts of a year ago. Encouragement to all young mothers with children at home:

"... I am trying really hard as a mom to NOT let that happen- even though it does at times. I was happy to come across a little notebook yesterday in which I had written random thoughts and journaling around this time last year. It seems fitting for me to post...and hopefully the words will encourage and challenge some of you who find yourself in this same place in life. Loving the routine and 'calling'...yet sometimes feeling overwhelmed and uninspired- this is for all of us.

"The perspective needed to guide and shape my parenting is this -
When I begin to see the day to day as a delight, rather than drudgery...
When serving my children is seen as a privilege, rather than a chore...
Knowing that my actions are slowly and through repetition shaping them for the rest of their lives...
Then it [parenting] becomes a task of enormous and lasting consequence. It becomes a 'higher calling' and the reality sinks in that giving it my all, demanding my best and expressing love in ALL that I do, is the least I can offer to those who mean the most to me."

May you find joy and purpose and affirmation in the relationships that YOU touch today...they matter so much!?"

No comments: