Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Waco Day 7 Wednesday evening

Clifford would like to show you that it rained here in Waco, Texas, during the night. It's a damp, chilly 65 this morning. Clifford also wanted you to see how the lake looks this morning with a hazy mist lying low. After Pops picked up Don, I drove to Leslie's to begin organizing the kids rooms for moving. Leslie was already hard a work painting. When Camden's room was completed, I moved to Emma's room. Oh my. I started on her closet and took out everything she has outgrown. Tomorrow we will go through toys.

Don called me about 3:00 p.m. to tell me that he was back at the 'house' relaxing in his recliner. He and Pops had a good time driving around out in the country. They found a Mennonite community where all kinds of yummy things are made. Maybe, he'll take me back out there. Don told Pops it was a good thing I wasn't with them because I would be having them to stop every few feet to take pictures of all the beautiful wild flowers: bluebonnets, Indian paint brushes, buttercups, etc. etc. At 3:15 p.m., I took a break to go get the kids. Clifford is showing you that it's still "dripping," as Pook says when it's only sprinkling. Billie came over, also, and did the power tool thing, sawing trim boards for the bathroom and kitchen. She also brought delicious chicken salad for dinner sandwiches with fresh oranges, grapes, pears and watermelon. Billie makes her chicken salad with grapes and roasted pecan pieces served on toasted croissant. Soooo goood.

I took another break to go get Don for dinner back at Leslie's. During commercials of the American Idol Gives Back show, I finished up some of Leslie's laundry for her. We were delighted to see that the finale of the show was all the stars singing a Christian song: Shout to the Lord by Darlene Zschech
Leslie gave me this bouquet of beautiful roses and ivy that she brought home from Heritage Week at Baylor after it was over.

No comments: