Monday, August 16, 2010

The temperature drops

Praise be to the Lord!!  We got a very welcome break from the heat and humidity today.  It was in the low 60’s this morning and a beautiful day all long.

First, Dennis and Sally walked down for a visit.  As they were leaving, Linda and Joel arrived with fresh jalapeno bread that Joel made this morning.  So good.  I wish I could share all they we discussed, but I can’t.  Just know that it’s good stuff and we are so blessed to be allowed to encourage and minister with this sweet couple.

Later in the morning, Don decided to move the Q forward a few feet and accomplished getting it more level.  That’s a good thing.100_2227

And then a neighbor arrived.  These sites are really close together.  Not sure why he parked here.  There are many empty sites in this park.  Oh, well, I’m sure there’s a reason.  Maybe we will get to meet our neighbor tomorrow, but haven’t seen anyone today.100_2229

Sitting in the gazebo enjoying the nice day, I watched nine (9) turkey buzzards circle for the longest right in front of me.  I finally decided they were just learning to fly, as they weren’t very big, except for one or two.100_2231

The pool here is not very big at all.100_2233

This afternoon, I got a call from Linda with incredible news of how God had answered our prayers.

Tonight, Sally and Dennis came over for a game of Spades and coffee.  If I don’t say anything about who won, you will think that the gents won… and we just can’t have you thinking that.  Ladies are on a roll. :-)

My prayer for you today:

Ephesians 3:14-21 (New Living Translation)
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 16 ...I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

And Amen.

2 comments:

Joel and Linda said...

I would like to know who kept score in that game between the ladies and the guys??? Sounds like a lot of fun....

LaVon Baker said...

The official score keeper, of course!