Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Fun

Friday.  Don left at 6:00 AM with Dennis to go to Bible Study.  I did laundry.

The trailer has left that was parked so close to us, so now we have more room.100_2480

There was a foggy haze over Branson this morning.100_2483

A little before noon, Dennis, Sally, Don and I went to Silver Dollar City.  The theme for the next twelve days is Southern Gospel Picnic.100_2498

We get a kick out of Cedric Benoit and the Cajun Connection.100_2511

Cedric is very animated and has more energy than most two year olds!  He did the high kick, over his head, several times, not to mention all the jumping and stomping he does on stage, while playing the squeeze box.  When The Saints Go Marching In is the closest thing he plays and sings that is gospel and I don’t think he is referring to the Rapture when he sings it (being from Louisiana and all), but the four of us were, so we enjoyed it. :-)100_2520

I like Cedric, but my favorite band member is the washboard player.2010 Aug 27 SDC-1

Homer Lee, a well known Branson comedian, was everywhere in the park today.  He was at the front gate when we arrived; at this location (in the picture); later in the day in a different outfit (Mark Twain, I think) several times. I told him I was stalking him and he always makes a funny about anything you say to him.  When we were leaving the park, there he was, and before I saw him, I heard him, “Oh my, there’s my stalker again!”  He’s funny.100_2527

We stopped in for a little gospel singing at the Country Church.100_2528

As we were leaving through the gift shop, I snapped this picture of Dennis in a hat he was modeling from a nearby rack.100_2529

Tonight, Linda and Joel came over to share dinner with us and a couple of games of Zilch a.k.a. the Stupid game.  Their time in Branson is sadly, quickly coming to an end.  We are already missing them.

 

Does the thought of getting older discourage you or make you fearful? Consider these words the Lord spoke to Isaiah: I will be your God throughout your lifetime--until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. Isaiah... 46:4 NLT  God spoke these words centuries ago but He is the same yesterday, today and forever and I AM His Child and as such, I claim this promise as my own.

'Before they call, I will answer.' (Isaiah 65:24)

No comments: