Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday is here

Sunrise.  Indications that today is going to be another scorcher.100_2225

Don and I went to church at The Carpenter’s House this morning, which we enjoyed.  Pastor Terry and Marta Landsdale will be going on vacation soon and Don will be preaching Sept. 12th. 

Went to church tonight at Friendly Baptist Church.  They were having a special program that consisted of a gentleman who narrated Genesis through the resurrection of Jesus in the voice of Walter Brennan.  Interesting. 

Other than church, we had a quiet, restful day.

Oh, yes.  Cute story.  We ate lunch at a Mexican diner in West Branson and sat across from two guys, the wife of one and their daughter, about 6. I think the two guys were brothers and they were talking about throwing back shots last night.  OK, our tables were really close and I couldn’t help overhearing. Anyway, at the same time the guys were talking about being set up with shots, the little girl was singing, “Jesus Loves Me, this I know….”  She was so cute and I flashed her an I’m-really-enjoying-your-singing smile.  It was just funny to hear their conversation and her singing “Jesus Loves Me” over and over and my smile was all the encouragement she needed.  When they got up to leave, I told her to “Keep singing,” and she gave me the biggest smile.  The mom smiled, also.  Too cute.

It’s been a sweet day with our LORD.

1 comment:

Joel and Linda said...

I'm listening to your music and it is playing "How Sweet it is"!! Sounds like a 70's rock song.
"Suffer not the Little Children" they are soooo cute.