Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our “Harley” Friends

Do you remember our visit with my friend, Liz, in Indianapolis?

Well, Liz has a new toy.  Liz’s friend, ME, would appreciate prayers for Liz’s safety.LIZ N HARLEY 2010

She does look good.  She needs a windshield, though.  Or maybe she likes bugs in her teeth.LIZ N HARLEY 2010 2

She says she needs a riding buddy now, so LoPo and NoPo, you may need to ride down and ride with her.  NoPo n Harley Apr 2010

LoPo’s Honda has now grown into a “big girl bike”… NoPo’s old Harley.NoPo n LoPo n Harleys Apr 2010

Dear Lord, please protect all our Harley Mama’s and Papa’s from harm.  Keep them alert to their surroundings and keep a shield of protection around them.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.

Harley & Rider Blessing:

May God bless you and keep you safe on this machine.
May you encounter the risen Lord in your travels, in the freedom of the open road, the fellowship of other bikers and in each person you meet.
May the Lord be with you at home and on the road.
May He accompany you when you start on your many journeys:
May He fill your life abundantly with his many blessings;
May He keep all your riding safe.
May His mercy, grace and love shine upon your every road.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen

Biker Prayer


Lord , let your hand be on the throttle of my life .
    When I need to go forward , open it up!
Keep my eyes focused in front of me ,
    So that I don’t become lost .
When I need to turn ,
    Point me in the right direction .
Show me the signs along the way,
    And give me the wisdom to take the right road .
When I need to change gears ,
    Remind me to use the clutch .
When I need to stop ,
    Put on the brakes .
When I ride into the darkness ,
    Be my headlight .
Encourage me to take time daily
    To fill my tank with your Spirit .
Protect me from the road debris thrown at me my the enemy and guide me safely around the potholes in my paths .
Forgive me when I ride off coarse,
    As I forgive others that may unintentionally cut me off .
Forever ride by my side as my personal road captain.

Amen

Another Biker’s Prayer:
Dear Lord, as I get ready to get on this hog and prepare to ride,
Just let me feel your presence with me riding side by side.
Let us feel the wind together blowing across our face,
Don't let me fail to see and smell the nature around me as I ride from place to place.
Dear Lord, keep me safe from harm and let the other drivers see me as I ride by,
And every once in awhile even though I'm a biker let them say, "Hi".
Keep me alert and always watching for others,
Don't let me ever fail to stop and help out one of my sisters or brothers.
And when my time on earth is up and it's time for me to take that ride in the sky,
Just give me a chance to tell everyone I love them and don't forget me when I die.
Lord, Thank You for letting me be a biker and doing what I loved the best,
For the many miles I traveled, places I got to go and see before I finally come to rest.  Amen.

2 comments:

Norm and Lori said...

I agree your friend, Liz, does look good on her new bike! Congratulations Liz! Thank you for your prayers as we bikers travel the highways and byways! Blessings to you as you travel as well. Love you lots and miss you even more, LoPo

Joel and Linda said...

I love motorcycles but they scare me now...maybe I'm getting old..