Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday is here.

Ben went to early service at 8:00. Mitch has to be at early service, also. Silas (you get to meet him today), Kim, Don and I went to the 9:45 worship service at Grace Community Church. 100_1955 I was so encouraging to see so many young people and young couples and children at church.  There were a good number of senior citizens in attendance, also, and there was another service at 11:30, after we left.  Pastor Jim Brown gave a wonderful illustration of eternal security based on John 10:28-30:

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

Don love the illustration, too, and may even “borrow” it some time, so I will wait until then to explain it fully.100_1954

After church, Don stayed and rode back with Mitch in the Miata convertible.  We almost had to get a crane to get him out of it.  Kim, Silas and I went to the DQ in Goshen to pick up a birthday cake for Ben for his dinner party today with grandparents and us.  Silas picked out a great cake with a motorcycle picture on it.  So, as promised, here’s Silas, hugging his mom.  Silas and Mitch are going to India tomorrow for two weeks and then Silas starts college at Taylor University over at Upland, IN.100_1956

Kim prepared beef stroganoff and rice with green bean casserole and veggies and dip and a muffin that I didn’t ask the name of, but it sure was good. 

Ben was pleased with his cake.  Kim and Mitch’s first born will be 27 this week.100_1957100_1958

Ben and Mitch’s dad, Bud.  Bud spends the winters in Arizona.100_1960

After visiting with Mitch and Kim’s family (including Kim’s mom and dad, Judy and Morris), we headed to the Q to rest.  I got to spend some time on Skype with grandkids Lydia and Blaine which I loved.  Lydia showed me new school clothes and Blaine and I played checkers.  We came out later to sit between our rigs and  Mitch and Kim.100_1967100_1969

Kim is one of those that just loves the lens.  NOT!!100_1970

Don had to go inside at 8:30 PM for the CRM board meeting via tele-conference.  The rest of us followed soon thereafter because the mosquitoes were so bad.

Before the mosquitoes got so bad, the sunset was quite beautiful over the trees across the street. 100_1965

Sunday has been a good day.  Great worship.  Wonderful friends.  Rest.  Grandkids.  Yes, Sunday has been a good day.

No comments: