Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It Is SO Hot.

Don walked up to the office to pay the $7.50 fee for getting the Q washed in the park.  Did it ever need it since it hasn’t been washed since April in Arizona.  While he was in the office, Rebecca, the gal who was working and also checked us in yesterday, was telling another lady about her granddaughter being baptized last weekend.  Don was able to share our ministry work and CRM International with her and she was very excited and wanted us to stay here (in this heat? oh, please, dear Lord, no) and be the chaplain here.  There’s a building available by the pond. So, when we get to Branson, we’ll find out of anyone would like to spend the summer in Indianapolis.  Don really got to visit with Rebecca and she was thrilled to have him pray with her before he left the office.  God allowed them to not be interrupted.  Divine appointments; we live for them.  Encouraging others is just the best.

The rest of our day went something like this:

Went to Camping World today for a few items for the Q.

Thought this guy looked really nice in his tie and leather vest, but wonder how that smoking a cig while riding worked out for him???100_2020

Had lunch at BJ’s.  I was good and had a salad.  So, I made up for it with half a hot peanut butter cookie and a scoop of ice cream, served in a small round cake type pan right out of the oven. Are you drooling yet? Don ate the other half. 

Took geese pictures, wondering why this silly geese aren’t in the water instead of waddling around in this heat.2010 Aug 10 Indy-1

Had a special treat waiting for me when we got to Liz’s for dinner tonight.  It was so special that I walked in telling her dad, “Now Dave…. behave.  My husband is with me!”  It’s been at least ten years since I last saw Dave.  Meet Liz’s dad in the cut off overalls and a ball cap that he had embroidered, “Bite Me.”  One of a kind, that Dave.100_2023

I’m really upset that I didn’t get a good picture of Wesley before he left with a friend.  But I did get a great picture of Liz’s baby girl, Alyson, 13 and starting back to school tomorrow!  In this heat…. oh my, bless her heart.  (Spitting image of her mama.)100_2024

The sunset as we drove back to the Q tonight.100_2025

That’s actually all the pictures I took today.

Tomorrow, on the road again.  Praying that it doesn’t rain in the morning and for safety.  Thanks for praying for us as we travel.

1 comment:

Joel and Linda said...

I think I would like Liz's Dad. My kind of man!!