Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rest is good

Well, praise the Lord!!  Gym wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be this morning.  I’m sore, but I worked through.  Feels good to be working out.

This afternoon, we went to Stratton to the Camping World there.  Friends Yvonne and Dan Rominger met us there and then we went to their place after we had lunch.  I had my camera with me and I even took it in the house with me.  I’m a ding dong.

In fact, I only took one picture today, but it’s not a very good one.  Well, the picture is okay, but the subject isn’t blog worthy.

The heat remains.  We saw 102 degrees today.

I received an update regarding little Noah in the Philippines. “I have just received a text message from one of their church members and it says... ‘please keep praying for Noah, his bloated condition worsens. He’s still in very critical condition.’  Noah is now in Stage 3 of the Dengue. It is very critical.”

Dennis dropped by tonight about 8:30 with fresh cherry tomatoes from Pastor Terry Landsdale.  The three of us had a prayer for a local concern.  There’s just nothing like sharing burdens with believers and taking it to the Lord together.  The battle is the Lord’s!!

Talked to Mama Trudy tonight.  She hasn’t had a great day today, but was feeling a little better tonight.  She’s working on another quilt top.  My brother, Jon, helped her pick out the color to set the blocks together with.  I miss my mama like crazy, but I’m so glad they are having this time together.  Jon has been on the mission field almost all of his adult life and they haven’t been able to spend a lot of time together.  This is precious time for them.

>>The Dash – a movie/poem<<

No comments: