Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday

This afternoon, we took Don’s mom to her doctor appointment in Norman.  She was very excited to get her walking cast off.  She was given a smaller, lace-up ankle brace that she can wear with her shoe for another month, but the x-ray showed that her ankle bone is healed.

On the way to the doctor, we passed the hospital and obviously the air evac lifeteam had just brought someone to the hospital.  Sure hope they are going to be alright.  The helipad is on the roof of the hospital.100_2102-1

The team was taking their equipment back to the helicopter.100_2104-1

After the doctor visit, Don’s aunt and mom’s sister, Bernice, joined us for dinner at the Cracker Barrel. We had a good time, laughing about all three of them ordering chicken and dumplings.  Me?  I had a salad.  I was a good girl, if you don’t count the biscuit, butter and honey I enjoyed or the remainder of mom’s home fries.

We got mom back to her house a little before 6:00 and afterwards, Don took me back to the buffalo herd and stopped so I could get some closer pictures.

It was almost an effort in futility as they were mostly in a position that caused the sun to shine right into my lens.  If I could have seen her face in the lens, I would have gotten a close up, but it wasn’t happening for me.  Nice horns.100_2110The calf crop seems to be really good this year.100_2111They are in that part of the season between winter and summer when they shed their shaggy coat, so they’re looking pretty raggedy.100_2112

No comments: