Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday with friends

Don took the truck back to Wal-Mart today because they didn’t balance the tires yesterday when they rotated them.  Then, the technician didn’t get a hub cover on good and it came off, but thankfully, he found it in the parking lot when Don went back, again, to see if they failed to put it on.  Count it all joy!

100_2078This afternoon, we went over to Noble to visit with Larry and Suzette Weaver for a while.  They added a sun room to the back of their house this winter and Larry wanted us to see it.  Don and I were expecting maybe a 12’ x 20’ room.  Oh my!  It’s over 800 square feet with vaulted ceiling and windows all around… of course, it’s a sunroom.  I think I will plead temporary insanity… I didn’t take a picture of the sunroom or Suzette or Cricket, their min-pin who just loved me.  But I did take a picture of their Sycamore leaves and a “nut” … Suzette named this tree Zacchaeus.  Get it?100_2081

And a picture of a huge crow that landed in their backyard.100_2085

Oh wait! I have a picture of the Weaver family!  They have three boys and one daughter, the blonde standing behind her mother.Weaver Family Picture, Dec.23, 2008Our history with the Weavers goes back years.  Don and Larry have been friends for so long and Larry was Don’s best man at our wedding.  Suzette and I were friends before Don and I got married, also.

After we left the Weaver’s, we headed to Purcell to spend the evening with Richard and Susan Boyanton.

On the way, I took this picture.  It’s a bug!  100_2087

Susan prepared a wonderful dinner that we enjoyed very much. She even made homemade rolls from her grandmother’s recipe.

Daisy is their very cute eleven year old pet.100_2090

After dinner, we played Spades and…..  2010 Jun 8 Rich n Susan-1

After two games of Spades, we introduced Rich and Susan to Zilch aka The Stupid Game. 100_2092-1

Daisy has the cutest face.100_2095

It’s great to spend time with good friends.  We are so blessed.

Plans for the summer are coming together.  We will be on the road again Friday.  Stay tuned!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Psalm 91:1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
      will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
   He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
      he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
      and protect you from deadly disease.

3 comments:

Joel and Linda said...

I really like the dog, the bug is nice to but I think I would really like the "sun room". Keep on spreading love and affection.....

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Yea for the ladies!!!!! We introduced the "Stupid game" to Neil and Robin. They understood the "stupid" part of it. LOL! Safe travels!

Norm and Lori said...

Congratulations Gals, way to go! Sorry Don and Rich! Maybe next time.

You are in our prayers, and watch out for those big bugs!

Love you, NoPo & LoPo