Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rest and Relaxation in Georgia

The only getting out today was going in to Trenton to eat breakfast at the Huddle House and then across the street to the Dollar General for a couple of items.

While at the Huddle House, there were several senior citizens who pulled up to the front door and once I heard the manager instructing one of the waitresses to go get J.C.’s walker out of his back seat and help him inside, while she held the door open.  We were sitting close by, so I commented to the manager that, “this is a full service restaurant, isn’t it?”  She smiled and said “absolutely, we are here to help whenever we can.”  It was refreshing to see seniors honored and respected in such a way.  The team here sure gives Huddle House a good name.  I think I will write an email to corporate and brag on this bunch

As we drove back to the Q, Don took a different route and we saw this pretty place.  There sure are a lot of veggie gardens here.100_3023

It’s a little cooler today, but still very humid and it doesn’t take long before I am wringing wet, but I was determined to get a few pictures today and just be outside for some vitamin D.

I like the way they have used railroad ties as a retaining wall/steps to the common area.100_3031

Today, they are pumping fresh water into the pond from the creek.  The pump is housed in that little house by the creek.100_3034

I don’t have any idea what this little log building is, but I’m sure someone had fun building it.  Maybe this is where they store the horseshoes, etc.100_3036

On the front lawn is a crepe myrtle bush with two different color blooms, dark and light pink.100_3044100_3042

I’m sure there are two different bushes growing together here.100_3041

The entrance to the park looking toward the highway where a bicyclist rides by.  What is he thinking?  Mountains, heat and humidity makes for a dangerous combination.100_3047

The R-Haven Overnight Family Park100_3049

The drive makes a big circle around the outside.100_3050

The sun shining straight down through the trees on the water running in the creek made for a beautiful sight. Looking east.100_3051

Looking west.100_3052

The Q from across the pond and common area.100_3054

Silver wings over the water.100_3056

Don grilled pork steaks, I pan fried yellow squash and zucchini and warmed up fresh green beans and new potatoes for dinner.  Also, made some cornbread patties.  Don pulled out our new drop leaf table and we had a very good sit down dinner.

Don has felt a little punky today, so we’ve taken it easy and read, watched TV and played on the computer, for the most part.  Don and I both walked around outside, but the humidity just takes it out of us, so, rest is good.  We are so blessed.

Think About It…

“The truth is we’ve all been guilty of plenty, and God deserves the glory for His mercy toward us.” —Anne Cetas

2 comments:

Snookie said...

Not neccessarily two bushes growing together my friend. When I was a kid there was a white azalea bush that a branch had been broken off by one of us kids while we were running through the yards. My mom took that branch and grafted it onto a red azalea bush by scraping the bark away and securing the white branch with a styrofoam cup that was cut in half (top to bottom) and fit around the two branches, dirt packed in and secured with duct tape. The grafting took and red and white azalea still lives today. I do believe the red azalea was dominant and in time the white branch produced red flowers but the grafted branch lived. Of course in the last 45 years or so that azalea bush has been trimmed back many times. My mom still has azalea bushes she planted in the yard when they moved there 56 years ago which makes those bushes older than me. Can you imagine the root system of those bushes after all these years?

The Longs said...

We sure do miss the Huddle House up North here... the best Omelet I ever saw served to the public was the HH in Piciyune Ms. I even had the manager bring the cook out so I could praise him and gave him a good tip.