Friday, June 25, 2010

It’s Friday, already?

Today, we spent the day with Mama Trudy.  Don cooked a pork loin and new potatoes in the crock pot for lunch and I fried up fresh okra “Mama Trudy style.”  Also, made a fresh cucumber/tomato salad… all the fresh veggies came from the little country store we stopped at yesterday.  Oh yes, and cantaloupe…. so sweet and yummy.

While laundry was washing and drying, I did a little moving of furniture for mama.  Got her sewing machine where she wanted it.  It’s in a cabinet and much too heavy for her to be moving.  Also, moved a big bookcase into the kitchen area.  Got the little TV hooked up on top of the bookcase so she can watch Wheel of Fortune if she wants to.  She’s not much of a TV watcher… “got too much to do to sit idly in front of the boob tube.”  I thought I was missing out as a child because we never had a TV, but now I am very thankful that we didn’t.

After getting furniture arranged, we played Mexican Train.  I won!!  We had a great time.  Mama only laid down for about ten minutes today, so maybe she will sleep good tonight.

We both had some really good phone calls today.  We love it when friends call us.  Also, exciting things are developing for CRM International.

Do you notice that there are no pictures on this post?  When I sat down to write, I realized, “I haven’t taken one picture today!”  (Feeling of my brow now… yes, I may have a touch of fever!)

Well, tomorrow is a big day for several of our friends.  Tim and Lori Pruit are giving away their daughter, Heidi, in marriage.. back in Arizona.  Over in Noble, Oklahoma, Larry and Suzette Weaver’s baby boy is also getting married tomorrow.  We pray for God’s blessings on both unions.

AND tomorrow is Mama Trudy’s 92nd birthday!  A big day, indeed.  You can be assured, there will be pictures tomorrow.

Well, that’s about it for tonight.  I will leave you with this thought:

"You never know when one act of kindness, or one word of encouragement, can change a life forever." – Zig Ziglar

No comments: