Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rest or Beauty Sleep? (don’t answer that!)

Don was up earlier than I this morning, as usual, but I did get up and was out walking around before 7:30, taking my camera with me.100_2508

Beyond this pond where the trees are runs a babbling brook.  So pretty. (pictures another time)100_2509

A closer look at the three cabins. 100_2510

I tried to get a picture of the sunrise over the Q, but wasn’t very successful.  We are in one of the five RV sites in this park/campground, which just may be the best kept secret in the RV world.  We have met one of our neighbors, Stan and wife, from Chandler, Arizona.100_2511

I walked for about 25-30 minutes and then went back to the Q where Don was working on Sunday’s Coming.  I went “upstairs” with the full intention of getting ready for the day and at 10:50 AM, I woke up, or rather, Don woke me up.  There is something about changing time zones and time changes that really messes me up.  But mostly, I just needed the beauty sleep. Rick Fury, don’t you say one word!!!

Don grilled sausages for lunch and after he took a nap.. it seems he got things set up outside while I was sleeping this morning… we went to see Mama Trudy. 

Here’s the main road through Trenton, which has a very interesting history that Professor of History, David Parker wrote on his blog, Another History Blog.100_2512

Here’s the courthouse or a.k.a. the state capitol of the state of Dade.  You’ll understand if you read the history.100_2513

There were a half dozen canoers (it is so a word!) on the Lookout Creek that runs through Trenton from Lookout Mountain.100_2514

Mama Trudy’s apartment.  She loves it.100_2515

Guess what.  We played dominoes this afternoon and Mama “took us to school.”  She won six games, Don won four and I won three.  We surrendered and she giggled.

We needed to go to the store for water for the ice maker and a few things for dinner and just around the corner from Mama’s apartment was this… a result of the wind and rain storm yesterday.100_2516

Well, here it is … 2:22 AM and I’m still up.  I have got to get my days and nights fixed!  I do not want to sleep until 11:00 in the morning.  Got to get Don’s coffee ready and go to bed, so Good Night and God Bless.

Psalm 91:11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
      so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.

Yes, this wonderful chapter is in the Bible… Psalm 91… I love it!!

No comments: