Monday, June 7, 2010

Truth

Yesterday morning, Pastor Cleve Haley at the First Baptist Church in Noble, OK, preached a short but “truth'-packed" message, The Truth About Truth.  As Bro. Haley stated, so many people do not believe in absolute truth and they think that so many things determine what is truth… society, culture, personal opinion, public opinion, etc.  Consider John 8:32; John 17:17; John 14:6.  What do these verses say about truth? 

So, moving on to more Truth, I received this email from Dave Butts at the National Day of Prayer Task Force:

God's Word for you this week
"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." (Ps.73:28)
Prayer for this week
"It is amazing, Father, that you allow me to draw near to you. You are not a God who is far away, distant and unapproachable. It is so good to be near you, dwelling in your house. Today I am camped out in your house. It is my place of refuge."
Reading for this week
"We often have a tinted view of revival as a time of glory and joy and swelling numbers queuing to enter the churches. That is only part of the story. Before the glory and joy, there is conviction; and that begins with the people of God. There are tears of godly sorrow. There are wrongs to put right, secret things...to be thrown out, and bad relationships, hidden for years, to be repaired openly. If we are not prepared for this, we had better not pray for revival."  -Brian Edwards

Dave Butts
Harvest Prayer Ministries and National Prayer Committee
National Day of Prayer Task Force
www.NationalDayofPrayer.org

Psalm 91:1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

1 comment:

Joel and Linda said...

"Truth about Truth" I think I would have enjoyed that sermon.