Saturday, June 26, 2010

It’s Mama Trudy’s Birthday-92!

Saturday, June 26, 2010, has been a great day!100_2947-2

Don and I went to the local grocery store and picked up a few items to make panini sandwiches for lunch at Mama Trudy’s.  While there, Don spotted some bright flowers for Mama Trudy.  She really loved them.

 

100_2948

Of course, we played a few games of dominoes and then came back to the Q for a few hours before going out to Sammy and Kim’s place for birthday cake and ice cream with Mama.

Right away, we saw my great-niece, AlexAnn, belonging to nephew, Timmy, who is traveling with country artist, Gary Allen, this weekend and couldn’t be here. AlexAnn is an adorable six year old, blue-eyed, strawberry blonde sweetheart.100_2949

Before the cousins, AlexAnn and Sophia, disappeared to play, we got a few pics of them with their great-grandmother.100_2952-1100_2953

One of Mama’s favorite things of the evening was watching Alex and Sophie.  This went from being the ever popular “horns” or “rabbit ears” to “V for victory!”100_2951Here’s a close up of Mama Trudy laughing at the girls.  I love it!100_2951-1

These two are inseparable and love each other so much.  They’re so cute.100_2950-1

Okay, back to the Birthday Girl or as she announced that today her name is “Queenie!”  Kimberly lights the candles as Sammy and Mama Trudy watch.  That was about the best carrot cake I have ever eaten.100_2954

She blew out all the candles!  All seventeen of them!  Looks about right to me.100_2955

Sammy thoroughly enjoys Queenie’s antics as we all do.100_2956

Mother and son.100_2959

Mother and daughter.100_2960

Sammy’s youngest son, Caleb, and my great-nephew.100_2961

Queenie admires drools over homemade goodies from Kimberly and Sammy.100_2965

Queenie with a beautiful potted plant from Jon and Carolyn.  You know, honestly, I’ve seen seventy year old women who look older than this.100_2966

Queenie with all her gifts; the book is from Don and I.100_2968

Sammy and Kim’s back screened-in deck is wonderful and after the rain started, we moved out here to enjoy the cooler temperature.

100_2969

My older brother, Jon, and wife, Carolyn.100_2971

Sammy and Kimberly.  Thanks for the wonderful time in your home for Mama Trudy’s birthday.  It was great!!100_2973-1100_2982

Before we knew it, it was time to go.  The younger girls needed to get ready for bed and Mama Trudy was beginning to tire a little, so Sammy drove her back to her apartment in her 1988 Chevrolet pickup truck.  Shoot!  I should have taken a picture of her with her truck.  She would have loved that.  She sure misses driving it.

What a good day we have had.  I am so thankful that I have been so blessed to have Mama Trudy as my mother and I look forward to another year to love her and be loved by her.

Do you want to know where the sparkle in Mama Trudy’s eyes comes from?….

“As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God.” —Psalm 42:1

My sweet mama loves the Lord.

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

So glad she had a fabulous day for her 92nd Bday. I can still hear her giggle. We so enjoyed meeting her and now we know where you get your love of the Lord and your love of people! You are truly blessed!