Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday, Feb. 2

Not a lot to report for yesterday. It was Date Friday. Don & I went to a matinee and saw "The Bucket List." Good story. Disappointed in Jack Nicholson's character's language, as usual. Morgan Freeman's character was somewhat conservative in that he spoke of his faith and the family said grace before their meal and other things that I won't reveal in case you haven't seen this movie.

After the movie we walked around Target and JC Penney for a while. Don suffered through a trip into Payless Shoe Source and I tried on countless pairs of shoes and walked out empty handed. Wish I had the boots back that I gave Leslie when we downsized to the RV. Well, not really... the heel was a bit too high for my comfort. But they were cute.

We beat the dinner crowd to Mimi's Restaurant and had a delightful time. They really know how to serve their patrons. Suggestion: For two people, if you like the same thing, order one and split it. The servings are enormous. My cob salad would feed three people and Don's Pan Seared Chicken Alfredo was more than enough for two. We brought enough home for another meal today, plus my honey oat muffin, that came with my salad. I'm having that, as I write, for breakfast with a cup of pretend coffee, black.

Called my good friend Lucy. They are moving their daughter's family to Mississippi. Always good to talk to them. They're wanting us to go back to Branson with them for the summer.

Bake Sale & Craft Show in the resort this morning, so Don & I went. Lots of crafts and goodies for sale. Bought a pair of earrings from Carol Winters. The sunset colors were beautiful this evening. The Sutton's flag in the dusk. We had a wonderful time visiting and play Pegs & Jokers with Larry & Linda.

No comments: