Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day

I find this so strange: President's Day. Do kids these days know what that stands for? When I was in school we celebrated George Washington's birthday ON his birthday and Abraham Lincoln's birthday ON his birthday. Some one let me know if the students still decorate the rooms with George & Abe things.

Don & I walked over to the Oasis this morning so I could sign up for the "Senior Olympics." I'm entered in the basketball throw, ping pong, darts, ladder golf, & bean bag toss. Are you scared? Me, too. Ping pong is the 28th. The other events start Sat. morning, March 1st. So, Snookie and I felt like we should at least practice ping pong once. This was only Snookie's second time to play. She's good! Great form, concentration and agility. I'm sure she will be known as "Killer" Quinn by the end of the tournament. This afternoon, Snook came over and played Farkel while Bob was working on her kitchen. I think she called it "getting out of his way." She said she used to play Farkel 20 years ago. We split 4 games.
Tonight, Dave & Darlene invited us over to play spades. We laughed so much. It's great to have them back in the park.

No comments: