Tuesday, February 12, 2008

YEAH we have water pressure!

I spent all day yesterday working on getting our computer to work properly. I made a few improvements. It seems to be running a little faster and doesn't kick me off the internet quite as often. I've been able to upload a few more pictures.

While I was inside, Don and handy neighbor Bob, were outside solving our no-water-pressure problem. Thank you, Bob & Don! Today, I feel like I finally got the shampoo rinsed out of my hair. Shower was wonderful!

After dinner, Don got me out and walking around. We stopped by Shelley and Bud Wright's for a visit. Such a delightful couple. We love visiting and learning about where everyone has traveled, where they're from and where they're headed. And thanks to the internet, we can stay in touch after we leave.


Now it's Tuesday and the weather is still picture perfect. Got this shot of the shadow of a dove on the ladder of our RV from inside. We hearing the mourning doves cooing all the time here.
Don received two very disturbing emails this morning regarding the same subject. Oldest granddaughter lost her best friend in a car accident yesterday afternoon. Prayers are much needed for our Kristina and for the family of her 16 year old friend. We don't know what happened, only that she lost control of her SUV and rolled it and her 14 year old brother was with her and he was uninjured. Our hearts go out to them

I'm so embarrassed. Last week, the Ladies Bible Study decided we would meet 30 minutes earlier, because, well... we just needed longer than an hour. So this morning at 10:30, I get a phone call from Nancy... "LaVon, did you forget we changed Bible Study time to 10:30?" "Well, yes, yes I did for a fact... I'll be there in a few minutes." When I walked in they all cheered and clapped. In spite of my embarrassment, we had another very good time.


Youngest daughter called. She made 94 on her first chemistry test!! Second highest in the class!! Yes, we are elated. She was rather concerned about how she did.


Waco daughter called. Lots of plans going on with hubby's job change on the horizon. Updating kitchen, selling the house. Also, she had relieving results to a diagnostic mammogram, so that is a concern that we won't have to deal with. Praise God.


My mom called. She's feeling really good and having lots of fun with her sister who's visiting. Sunday, youngest daughter is taking her great aunt to a bullriding contest in OKC. My aunt is a HUGE bullriding fan. Isn't that a hoot?

This wall art on a park model behind us reminds me of the Sooner state.

No comments: