Sunday, February 17, 2008

60 things...

My friend and neighbor, Snookie, posted this on her blog on the last rainy day. She invited all bloggers to use the questions so today was a lazy Sunday afternoon and I decided to bore you with 60 Things You Maybe Didn't Know About Me:
(these questions make me really try to think... it's actually a very good excise for my memory)

1. What is in the back seat of your truck right now? A clothes rod for when I do laundry at the laundry room.

2. When was the last time you threw up? Well, I really can't remember the last time I threw up. Such a pleasant topic. I just remember it was because I was sick. There was another time long time before that, when I wasn't sick and I'm not proud of why I threw up, at all. Being honest here.

3. What's your favorite curse word? Are you kidding me? If I said, "I've never cursed," I be lying, but to say I have a 'favorite' curse word would insinuate that I LIKE to curse and I DON'T like cursing. I have not been tempted to curse in quite a while and I pray when something happens that cursing would be a natural response... well, I hope I don't. I've replaced that reaction with "Count it all joy" I hope.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Don, Sharon Layton & Snookie. Everyone makes me smile. I'm a people person, I can't help smiling and people amuse me. You guessed it... I easily amused.

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Getting ready for church.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Typing on this post.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Hopefully, sleeping. It will be midnight.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club? No.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud? "I excuse you."

10. What is the best ice cream flavor? I wouldn't know which is the BEST ice cream flavor, but I like chocolate with Heath bar crumbled in it. And then there's strawberry... always a favorite. And pecan praline. And peanut butter cup. And fresh peach. And..

11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Soda water.

12. What are you wearing right now? Black pants, green top.

13. What was the last thing you ate? Nachos Supreme at Macayo's in Casa Grande for lunch.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? No.

15. When was the last time you ran? One day last week I was somewhere in a parking lot and a car was waiting for me and I kind of "ran" to get out of their way. Does that count? Really ran? In the '80's playing softball.

16. What's the last sporting event you watched? Part of the Daytona 500 on TV today. Not something I am a big fan of, but Don was watching because our neighbor, Dave Sutton, is a BIG Jimmy Johnson fan. Jim didn't have a good day today. Before that we watched both the OU men's and women's basketball game that Don had recorded. I am a big basketball fan.

17. Who is the last person you emailed? Margie Cartwright

18. Ever go camping? When I was a child a couple of times. As an adult, never in the open or in a tent. I sat out in a lawn chair on the pool deck wrapped in coats and blankets watching a meteor shower almost all night. That's kind of like sleeping under the stars, isn't it? And I've roasted marshmallows and hot dogs over an open fire. And I've sang campfire songs. And I've cooked fried potatoes in an iron skillet on an open fire, too. Now, that's some good eatin'.

19. Do you have a tan? and the second verse to that song is "I probably never will."

20. Do you drink your soda from a straw? If it's from the Sonic, yes. But I don't drink much soda. When I drink lemon water at the restaurant, I use a straw.

21. What did your last IM say? "almost. what's wrong with Aaron Bruce? is he sick?" (to Leslie re: the Baylor - Texas men's basketball game last night)

22. Are you someone's best friend? Yes.

23. What are you doing tomorrow? Something.

24. Where is your mom right now? Probably in bed. Oklahoma.

25. Look to your left, what do you see? George Peppard

26. What color is your watch? Don't wear one.

27. What do you think of when you think of Australia? The time LaNae went there with a basketball team for two weeks. She was a senior in high school. Koala bears. Finding Nemo.

28. Would you consider plastic surgery? Not by choice.

29. What is your birthstone? Emerald

30. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? Go in, unless we go to the Sonic for an ice cream or burger.

31. How many kids do you want? Have you met me? Excuse me, I just LOOK pregnant.

32. Do you have a dog? No. My last dog was a Corgi, Murphy, 9 years old when he died back in April '07. Wonderful pet.

33. Last person you talked to on the phone? Nancy Reid. She called from Rocky Point, Mexico way. Having a wonderful time.

34. Have you met anyone famous? Russ Ortiz, major league pitcher, is a friend of mine. Doug Gabriel, Branson, Mo. Chip Ingram, Atlanta, Ga. Rick Vaughan, ex-Toronto Blue Jay. The News Boys. Stacy Dales. Just because you don't know any of these people, doesn't mean they're not famous. My daughter and son-in-law met President George & Laura Bush at an appreciation BBQ in Crawford, Texas.

35. Any plans today? Day is about over.

36. How many states have you lived in? Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona.. 5.

37. Ever go to college? I have 66 college hours. No diploma.

38. Where are you right now? In this desk chair in front of my computer, in our 5th wheel, in Quail Run RV Resort, in Arizona City, AZ, USA, planet earth until we move or the Lord returns.

39. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? My one and only annoyance in my life right now... my reflection.

40. Last song listened to? We've had music on in the background, but the last song I really listened to was the last hymn we sang this morning, "Day by Day."

41. Are you allergic to anything? Something made the inside of my right eye swell up yesterday morning, but I don't know what it was.

42. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Just an old pair of walking shoes. (I'm not going to give free advertisement for anything made in China. It's sad enough that we can't find anything to buy).

43. Are you jealous of anyone? Honest? Everyone slender woman I see. God forgive me.

44. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of.

45. What time is it? 10:00 pm exactly

46. Do any of your friends have children? Yes.

47. Do you eat healthy? Here goes. I don't think hardly anyone these days really eats healthy. Truly healthy would be all fresh, organically grown foods. But we deceive ourselves into thinking we are eating healthy just because something doesn't contain trans fat, or sugar, or additives, etc. To eat truly healthy would be for me not to eat anything that contained anything I couldn't pronounce or knew what it was. Who does that all the time?

48. What do you usually do during the day? Depends on who knocks on the door, who calls or who we see.

49. Do you hate anyone right now? No. It's not healthy.

50. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? A lot. Or some form of 'hello.'

51. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 59

52. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Many times. When I was a kid, we went once every summer to Arlington, Texas. Lots of fun memories.

53. How did you get one of your scars? I have so many. Was always getting cut when I was a kid. In the summer, I was always barefoot. Ran around the corner of the house one day and ran into my brothers freshly sharpened axe leaning against the house. Sliced my toenail right into and half of my toe. Want to hear more?

54. Do you like to travel? It's always been my middle name: "GO"

55. What would your last meal be if given a choice? The first thing that popped into my head was: the Lord's Supper. But I had never really thought of that as a last meal choice before. Hmm. I guess, it is normally thought to be something you really like, but if I knew it was going to be my last meal, I probably wouldn't really be hungry.

56. What do you plan to do when you retire? Have you met me?

57. Bath or shower? We have a small shower in the RV, but I love a whirlpool bath.

58. How many siblings do you have? One wonderful brother, six years my senior.

59. If possible, would you go back to your teenage years and start it all over again? Only if I could know what I know now. I have regrets and would love to have a chance to make better choices along the way. But wait... that's what grace and forgiveness is all about, isn't it? I don't have to go back and do it all over again. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

60. If you could change the state where you live, where would you go? Whatever state Don is in.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OK! I learned a few things!! What was Dad's axe doing leaning up next to the house! It should've been safely lodged in a chopping block!
2nd point: You are a friend of Russ Ortiz! And THIS is the first I've heard of it?! HOW do you know him? And can you introduce my son and him? I said to Ben, "My aunt is a friend of Russ Ortiz." And he started reciting the teams he's played for! He knows his game! And knows it well.
He had a practice game today--hit a double out to the right field fence.

LaVon Baker said...

1. You're so right. It should have been. I also cut the instep of my left foot on a piece of tin metal he stuck in the mud in the edge of the stock tank. They had to rush me to the doctor for stitches. He also slammed my fingers in the car door... more scars. Now that I think about it, I think he was trying to kill me. And I called him "wonderful!" Oh, yeah, and there was the time he tried to drown me!
2. I was the "MOM" for all the guys on the 1994 CWS championship team from Oklahoma U. Ryan & Damon Minor, Mark Redman. Russ, Stacy, Gracie & Lilian live in Mesa, AZ. He's back with the Giants this year. What days are you and Ben going to be in Phoenix, exactly. If Russ is home anytime ya'll are out here, I could try to set up a meeting for Ben & Russ. Russ would do it in a heartbeat if he's in town. He's a great guy.