Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've been released....

....from my promise to keep silent. I am now thrilled to announce that my dear Texas son-in-law (DTSIL) was offered a position with the Ryan-Sanders Group as the Director of Facilities and Events of one of their baseball facilities. We have been praying for a position that would allow him more time with his family... less time on the road. He will remain with the Baylor Bears Men's Basketball team until Feb. 27, which will be there last home game. Head coach Scott Drew just moved up several notches on my respect meter when he told DTSIL to keep growing spiritually. He prayed with/for our DTSIL and told him that God was sending him to this new position for reason. Even though Coach wanted him to stay, he couldn't argue with the peace that DTSIL has regarding the move. Coach said the last home game on the 27th will be dedicated to DTSIL. DTSIL & DD both LOVE baseball and are very excited about the adventure before them.

We have a few prayer requests, of course.

1. Pray for a quick sale of their home for the price they ask, allowing minimal time for them to be apart. Remember, he reports around March 1 to new job.

2. Pray for the perfect job that God has for DD.

3. Pray for a smooth transition for dear granddaughter to a new school.

We are so proud of him and we are praising God for answered prayer, beyond what we could have imagined.

Happy Birthday to my best friend in Texas! Linda and I have been friends for 35 years and I love her dearly.

Good things happen on this day. Don and I had our first date on February 7th.

No comments: