Thursday, February 28, 2008

Quail Run Olympics begins

Well.... my part of the QR Olympics (QRO) started this morning. Don Walrath who lives in the Montana across the street with his beautiful bride Billie, wanted ping pong added to the QRO so a table was brought in. He did a great job getting people to sign up for the tournament. Don is known by many names from "Mouth from the South" (Idaho) to "Peacock of the Park" but whatever name he's known by, he always loves to make people laugh and see that they are having fun. Here his antics get him a little closer to his Silver Medal. Neither Snookie nor I made it to the platform, but you can ask anyone that saw us play... we were very entertaining. Snookie is a class act as she congratulates Martha. Just remember Snookie, your route to the loser's bracket was due to your game with the champion. I can't say I was beat by the Gold Medal winner, even though Donna was very good. Donna was so scared to play me, someone had to call her to come to the "table" from her house. (u believe that, i got some ocean front property....) We had too much fun and I wish I had a picture of my husband watching from the back of the room. Bless his heart.... I hope I didn't embarrass you too much, Hon. That's Donna consoling me because she "took me right passed the school house straight to the wood shed." That's a Snookie-ism for "she kicked my backside" (cleaned up a little bit.)Men's Gold Medal winner Bill Turner, Ladies Gold Medal winner Nancy Reid, Men's Silver Medalist Don Walrath and Ladies Silver Medalist Pat Turner. A fabulous, fantastic fun time was had by all and that's the .... of the ping pong tournament. Medal ceremony will be Saturday evening.

No comments: