Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quail Run Olympics begins

Before I get started reporting today's happenings, let me tell you what I forgot about yesterday. While I was getting ready for the day, Don was riding my bicycle around the block. That's right, you read right... Don was riding my bicycle. He got back to the "house" at the same time as I was getting ready to walk out the door. There he was trying to muster up the energy to climb the steps into the house, breathing rather heavy and rubbing his back side. You can imagine my concern: "What's the matter, Hon?" inhale "I" exhale "rode" inhale "the" exhale "bi" inhale "cycle." exhale Me: "What?!" Now, for everyone who has seen Don today... hmmmm.

I really do love to see him feeling better and I know it's so hard not to do things you feel like doing. It's easy to forget there are usually consequences for those choices. I gave him a hard time, but in all honesty, his lack of energy today is probably his blood pressure going to the low end. It's so hard to get the meds adjusted.
Today, the Quail Run Olympics started. While waiting for Ladies Bible study to begin, I walked around taking pictures of the different events going. The men and ladies were tossing horseshoes. Our neighbor, Bob Quinn, was an official for this event. The shuffleboard teams were engrossed. These are two games that I am going to experience before we leave here. I am clueless about shuffleboard and how it is scored. I know, I know.... Google it. Here's Kathy Weyer exhibiting great athletic form. Today was the last day of our ten week Beth Moore study, "To Live Is Christ." We have all thoroughly enjoyed it and have grown spiritually. We had about one half the class present today and they took me to Duffer's for lunch after class. LaVon, JoAnne & Alaina Nancy & Elaine. Elaine has done remarkably since her fall out of their RV. She even played nine holes of golf yesterday, walking the whole nine holes. Nancy is all tan from her week down at Rocky Point in Mexico. Jane & Nancy. Jane and hubby Ron are leaving in a few days for a tour of Israel. She is so excited about it and we are looking forward to her report and pictures when they return. Since the Olympics started here, we have very quickly learned that Nancy is VERY good at ping pong. When she showed up with her ping pong paddle in a zippered case, we knew the rest of us were in trouble. I played my first game this afternoon. Here's Margie, beating me. The truth is, I just didn't want to go into the winner's bracket with NANCY. Seriously, she's even beating most of the men that have been brave enough to play her. Go Nancy! This evening, we went over to Eloy A & M Pizza and ate dinner with Dave, Darlene, Carol & Steve. What absolutely delightful friends we are making here.
I almost forgot! The funny story for today: Snookie wasn't so lucky. She drew Nancy as her first game opponent. Unfortunately, I didn't see the game, but Snookie knocked on our door when she got back from her game. When I got to the door, there was the saddest face... "She KICKED my butt!!!" I laughed and asked, "Did she take you to school?" Snookie: "She took me right passed school and straight to the wood shed!" I'm still laughing. She's a hoot. I think she was serious about the butt kickin'.

No comments: