Monday, February 25, 2008

Magnificent Monday

Well, the Waterin' Hole is "dry." You put a quarter in and nothing comes out. So we had to drive a few blocks to the main drag and get some drinking water.


What glorious weather! Don put on his "little boy britches" and his sandals today. My eyes! My eyes! Snookie told him he needed some rays, so he called for his hat, a glass of water and the Yahtzee game and pulled his chair out into the sun by the road so he can visit with passers-by. He tans really fast... in a few days his legs will be as brown as his arms & face.

I sat out with him for a few minutes and then Sharon Peterson came over and we worked on her blog together. She another "soul sister" that I just love and will cry when we have to part. We plan to see Sharon & Tom again on this earth, if the Lord tarries. They are very interested in being a part of the medical ministry down in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico that Christian Resort Ministries is developing. So God willing, we hope to work with them there in the future. Being a nurse, Sharon took Don's blood pressure this afternoon and it's much lower: 140/68. Hopefully, in a few days, it will be down under 140. Keep praying for him, please. We are so grateful for you prayers and so thankful that he is feeling so much better.

Sharon and I have discovered that we both have a great love for horses, also. She sent me this horse video and it is amazing. Watch for yourself and see what I'm talking about.

Neighbor Carol came by to check on me. It seems that I'm being missed at line dancing. It's nice to be missed. Thanks, Carol.

The topic of conversation these days is "where to next." Folks are planning out their summers and next winter destinations, getting workamping assignments and charting their routes. That's something Don & I will be doing soon.

No comments: