Saturday, February 16, 2008

Remember "pretend?" ... "make believe?"

Both of us woke up with a headache this morning. Not unusual for Don; unuaual for me, so I'm a big baby and stay in bed until later than usual. Finally got up and got dressed just in case Snookie and Bob decide they want to go to Chandler like we planned yesterday.

With my headache relieved somewhat, we take off to Beaudry's Phoenix RV for free BBQ chicken lunch and a day of "let's pretend this one is ours." Remember when you played "make believe" when you were a child? White knights, castles and happy ever after? Cowboys and Indians? Mud pies and baby dolls? We really used our imaginations back then. And we did a pretty good job of pretending today. :-)

Just as we started in the big barn to eat, I saw a couple that I recognized as Linda and Charles Shockley who is CRM chaplain at a RV resort over in Apache Junction. Don and I met Linda and Charles last October at an RV park in Waco, Texas. Charles is serving as president of Campers for Christ, also. They're permanent home is in Branson, MO. We hope to visit Charles & Linda again before we leave Arizona, if not, we will see them in Branson this summer, I'm sure. After we looked at EVERY 5th wheel there... ...we got ridiculous and started looking at the $200,000 to $700,000+ class A coaches. Snookie liked this one. It had seats that were "alive." Snookie & Bob got real "attached" to this one. It was so nice. "Hey, Baby, how do I look?" Here's Bob "pretending" to talk on the radio. Check out that TV. Just a sample of the inside of one very expensive coach. Snookie and I didn't much care for these shower doors. Nice shower though. Snookie found the refrig/freezer combo of her dreams. The freezer had a HUGE drawer on the bottom. "Be still my heart!"
And we found a dishwasher! No, no... a real one, electric type. SEE! This drawer was at least 30 inches long. Don taking a relaxing break while Bob checks out the stero system and other control panels. I just have to show the twelve (that's 12!) pillows on the kingsize bed. A person would have to be retired to have enough time just to take off and put the pillows back on the bed.I had to rotate this picture of Snookie because I was laying on the bed taking a picture of her reflection in the mirror on the ceiling in the bedroom. See, the date is upside down. Is this real green grass? It is!!! So lush and beautiful. We miss grass.
We all decided that we still like our 5th wheels better than a big coach. The guys like their trucks to pull them with, too. We had a great, fun time with Bob & Snookie.
On the drive "home," who passed us on I-10 but Dave & Darlene on their way back from San Diego. We all got back to Quail Run at the same time. It was so good to see them back safe and sound. I got so excited about seeing them that I forgot to take their picture.

No comments: