Thursday, January 31, 2008

Very cold morning.. for the valley

A work-camper and friend came by this morning to let us know that her husband had to fly home this morning to be with an ailing aged father who is in the hospital. Her faith is so strong and she wanted us to pray with her for her husband and what could be in store for him when he gets home. We visited with her and prayed with her. It's times like this that make us so grateful God brought us here. She reported tonight that he arrived safely. Praise the Lord.


While we were out today, I called Mama and yes, it has snowed in Norman, Oklahoma today. I talk to her almost every day. If I don't get a chance to get out of AZ City to call her, she calls me on our land phone. My aunt and her baby sister is visiting her and they are having such a good time together. Aunt Nella is a big bull riding fan and they are making plans to go to the Bullnanza at the Lazy E Ranch in Guthrie... a big deal in the bullriding world. Isn't that just a hoot?! They are also doing a lot of sewing. My aunt lives just a few minutes from Park City, Utah, so she is also escaping a lot of snow shoveling.


I also called our friend, Cheri, in Sun City to check on Tom. Remember, he had open heart surgery about two/three weeks ago. Well, he's back in the hospital. It seems he wasn't feeling good at all, so the doc put him in the hospital and did a bunch of blood test. His coumadin level was way high, like 10, I think she said. Needless to say, they've taken him off the blood thinner and he is doing and feeling much better. Those attending to Tom could not believe he wasn't having nose bleeds or coughing up blood. Good news, though, his heart valve is perfect and he's going to feel so much better when they get his meds right. Also, no more high blood pressure medication.


Cheri said Pat & Bobby, friends from KOA in Branson, will be coming in a few days. We can hardly wait to see them. We just fell in love with these people while we were in Branson last summer. Now if we could just get Bubba and Lucy out here, life would be perfect. They were our neighbors at Oak Grove RV Park and hailed from the Shreveport area. Old friends we just met. I could say, "How's ya mama an nem?" and they knew what I was saying!! We had so much fun and miss them. We learned what a "fold" is from Bubba. Anyone want to know what a "fold" is? Anyone know?


Tonight was bingo night in the Carnaval Room. What that means for us is .... it's root beer float night!! Bud and Shelly served us yummy r/b floats. Back at home, we watched "Lost" while I organized some pictures on the laptop. Afterwards, Don beat me four out of six games of Farkle. Then Don got this bright idea of playing "shuffleboard" by sliding the dice across the table one at a time. Within an 1 1/2" from the edge is one point, hanging off the edge without falling is 5 points. First one to 21 points wins. That would be me! 25 - 15. I know, he's hustling me. I'll probably never win another game. It was fun.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Is Don trying the 'shuffleboard' technique one-dice-at-a-time in the game of FARKLE?!
No, no, no, sweetie (pardon the affectionate name calling, but this calls for it!). Look in my eyes: THAT is NOT acceptable!!! From the Queen of Farkle: you roll all five dice at ONE time in the center of the rolling surface, be that table, large coffee-table-book, TV tray, chair cushion. . . ! Just do it RIGHT, take what you get, and pay any consequences necessary! If your wife wins, plant a big one on her!!!
Love ya Don!

LaVon Baker said...

I didn't make myself clear. After we were finished with our FARKLE game, Don was playing around with the dice and started sliding them across the table toward me... hence, the "shuffleboard" game was born. A total separate fun-game, not in conjunction with Farkle in anyway.
He planted a big one on me anyway. :-))