Tuesday, January 15, 2008

terrific Tuesday

Sometime, Maxine just says it better. :-)
Well, I even made it to line dancing class. Kathy made it, too, for her first class. We had a lot of "babies" this morning. I adopted Sylvia (pic) from BC. Actually, Lorraine kind of drafted me to be Sylvia's "mama," but Marlene came in and rescued me. Here's Lorraine Frank, instructing. By George, Barbara's got it! On my way over to Women's Bible Study, I took this pic of some gents tossing 'shoes. Such a nice day for it. Still a smidgeon of chill in the air.After Bible study, I'm getting hungry, so I head toward the house, strolling down our street. I arrived at site #96. Notice the nice rock I painted with our site number.Don is making tuna salad. Lunch being not quite ready, he sent me to deliver plate & cake cover back to Vi. We have thoroughly enjoyed the spice cake with coconut icing she made. I found Mel & Vi in the floor... repairing their water filter. Here it is .... Mel (big TarHeel & Vols fan) working at home, documented. After the delicious lunch Don prepared, we played Farkle. I am reluctant to report that he took me to Farkle school.... FOUR times. Enough torture. I suggested we go check on George. We visited with George & Josephine for a while. Remember, they are from my home county in Texas, so we had a good time talking about things we have in common. From there we passed Robin, Neil and Bruno's place. Neil was out washing the car so we stopped and visited with them. I'll take Bruno's picture next time... really cute pugle (pug-beagle). Barbara came out and we all had a good visit. Neil paid Don a really nice compliment which he really appreciated. Thank you, Neil. Robin gave us some lemons fresh off her daddy's tree and fresh halibut from Alaska. Neil works 2 weeks on/2 off in Alaska. Notice how big these lemons are. Thanks Robin!On the walk back home, we found Dave polishing is 5th wheel. Bill Greene came out and visited with Don.. they're leaving in the morning.
We watched the OU/KU basketball game last night. The Sooners and I have something in common today. We know what it feels like to LOSE.
Tonight we watched Baylor beat OSU. Yeah! Bears! They are now 2-0 in conference play.

No comments: