Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday already, Jan. 3, 2008

For breakfast I had a tasty grapefruit straight from a tree right here in the park. Love that about the valley here... fruit trees everywhere.Don and I got out this morning to walk around. Needed some fresh air. We met Tom & Sharon Peterson riding their bikes. Tom informed us that today is Sharon's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!! You sure look good for a SS aged lady. Congratulations! Enjoy your earnings. We enjoyed visiting with Tom & Sharon from Oregon and look forward to spending more time with them. They own horses back home and have served the Lord with Campus Crusade for Christ. Afterwards, we drove into Casa Grande for a Whataburger meal. On the way back, we were curious about an addition at the base of the mountains (that keep us from receiving AT&T cell phone service). The houses were very pretty with 3-5 bedrooms, 3-car garages on 1/2 - 1 acre lots with white rail fences. The mountain backdrop is very pretty in a southwestern kind of way. While driving around I spotted a QUAIL... and then more, but couldn't get close enough to them to photograph. The quail here are Gambrel quail with the little top-knot on their heads. The weather today was pleasant with slightly overcast skies. Notice the freshly plowed field in this pic. When we got home, Darlene & Donna were sitting out visiting, so I joined them. We love the open attitude of RV'ers... everyone's welcome everywhere. We are all here to meet and make new friends and we have met and made some wonderful ones. OK, this is the last pic of Darlene that I will post for awhile. :-) However, I'm sure that her family loves seeing her picture, so I will post just this one.... she's so cute. If I catch her picking her nose or something embarrassing, I will make an exception and post that for sure.
Family note: Mama Trudy (my mom) seems to have a cold/congestion with a slight fever. Please prayer for her to get well quickly.
Don worked hard watching KU beat VA Tech tonight so he's "upstairs" already. John & Karin, I hope watching VA Tech wasn't as painful for you as watching OU last night was for us. At least VA Tech showed up.
We're all going on and olive farm tour tomorrow, so off to bed I go.

No comments: