Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday

Mornings are Don's favorite part of the day. He has more energy and gets out and meets and greets the folks in the park. Today being Monday morning, he had Men's Bible Study. I told him he needs to start taking the camera with him when he's walking around chatting with folks. We'll see how that works out. huh?


Don found out that Rod Barger, gentleman living alone here in the park with severe chronic emphysema, has been moved to the local nursing home. Joyce in the office called us with Rod's new address, so we will be visiting him in the near future.


Don loves to check out the new and or unusual rigs that arrive in the park. This is where the camera would come in handy.


And then there's poor George Becker. He's down with a bad cold and feeling really lousy. Don came home and I mixed George up a dose of MMS for Don to take to him. And then another dose an hour later. And another dose this evening.



Check out "Your Dash" under favorite findings in the menu on the right. This was sent to Don by daughter Stephanie because she had heard him speak on this. He did indeed... at his dad's funeral. It's tremendous. Thank you, Stephanie. This is beautiful.



I spent too long on the computer this morning, so Don went to Casa Grande without me. His truck is dirty and if you know Don, he can't stand his truck being dirty. He also makes calls to his mom, daughter and others while he's out and in cell service range. Did he take the camera with him? Of course not.

In fact, I didn't even get out of the house today. Just one of those stay in days. It's rather windy outside. Was a good day for just thinking and talking to the Lord. And my mind wandered to childhood and how I never had an imaginary friend. My thought is that maybe it's spiritually healthy because you grow up being familiar with talking to and listening to someone you can't see. So when adulthood comes, it's not so unusual to talk to and listen to God. Makes sense to me. Even so, I have a wonderful time with the Lord. That's just the vein my mind took.

Don found two New York strip steaks on sale the other day so he grilled them for dinner. Oh my. They were delicious. No restaurant anywhere can grill a steak better than he can. So tender and yummy.

Now we are going to watch the OU Sooners play the KU Jayhawks .. basketball. See you tomorrow.

No comments: