Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Moon halo

Last night, Don said he was going to "sleep in" this morning, but I didn't believe him. I should have. We woke up at 8:07 this morning. I promise... that is sleepin' in for Don. We are very grateful for the rest.


Before I knew it, it was time for me to go over to the Oasis for Ladies Bible Study. We had a good time of fellowship, prayer and Bible study. I look forward to this time every week. We were having such a good time together that our time went longer than and hour.


Don had gone over to the Cartwright's to deliver a couple of bags of fresh oranges for Margie to take to the orphanage in Mexico tomorrow and was waiting for me to get home so we could go eat lunch.


Being hungry for Mexican food, we went right straight to Macayo's, our favorite, simply because it's good Mexican food.


Before we got home, we washed the dust off the pick-up and motor. Driving back down Battaglia Road, as we passed the houses and fields, I realized I have not posted any pictures of the Arizona City area. Arizona City is a sizable community with new houses being built and new additions being added, but it's not all pretty. Pinal County is considered one of the "poorest" counties in Arizona and the houses along the road reflect that fact. There are some really beautiful homes here on green golf courses, but everyone lives there. This is most likely a farm workers home along Battaglia Road. New green crops are popping up along the road, right where we the saw the fields being irrigated a few weeks ago. A few feet down the road, a new field is being plowed and prepared for planting. Now those are some clean, pretty rows. Must be the "boss's" house. When we got back to the park, Bob & Snookie were out. We visited with them for a while. As it was getting later in the afternoon and cooler, we all went inside our respective "wheel" estates.(borrowed from Snookie).


Around 8:45, just as Don and I started watching "Roots, the Next Generation," there was a pounding at the door. There was Snookie saying, "Get your camera and come outside to see this!!" Up in the heavens, a beautiful full moon with a very large halo around it. Of course, taking it's picture was an effort in futality, so after we admired the sight for a while, I came in and Googled "halo around the moon." So, I learned something tonight. Confirmation that only an intelligent, living God could create a universe like the one we live in. Thank you, Snookie, for sharing this experience with us.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I only know three people in my life who ogle, then comment on clean, straight plowed rows. . . my dad, his sister, and his mom!!!

Did you see my attempts at capturing the moon on film?