Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday is here -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! to my first grandchild. Lydia is ten years old today!! I love you, Sweetie.

Sundays are always great here at Quail Run. We get to meet new people every Sunday in worship service. Today we met Bill Greene, a retired mortician, and his wife, from Gilmer, Texas. Now Gilmer is not too far from Kaufman, Texas where I raised my girls and lived for 25 years. Bill was a delightful fellow. Too bad they on their way to Quartsite and will be leaving this week.

Today was the first Sunday the Quail Run worship team led the congregation in singing. The team consists of JoAnne Miller, Rick Fury, myself, & Jeannie Budd. Pianist is Audra Robb (picture in Friday's post). Thanks, Wendy Fury, for taking the picture. After to church we went to Duffer's out at the golf course and had brunch with Shelley & Bud Wright (Michigan), Sharon & Tom Stevenson (Oregon), & Frieda & Gary Nottingham (Oklahoma). We had a delightful time.

Today was not a good football day for Don. The Colts got beat and then the Cowboys got beat. In between games, we walked over to the Cantina for ice cream. Along the way, we stopped and chatted with Bert Case (nice hat, Bert) and his neighbors. Marlene is serving strawberries over my ice cream, of course. Tonight, David Burge gave a nice country gospel concert. David & his wife, Sally, live in Casa Grande. Here he chats with a delightful lady who introduced herself to me, but she didn't have her name tag on and I forgot her name. My apologies.

No comments: