Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finally a warm day

It's still very cool in the mornings. Don got up around his normal time. LaVon slept until 10:30 a.m..... because she didn't go to bed until after 1:00 a.m. last night. Don still has a headache... off and on for days now. When I finally got up, I fixed breakfast for lunch... guess that would be brunch.


Don is wonderful. He keeps encouraging me and letting me beat him in Farkle to keep my mind occupied.


We watched the Baylor-OU basketball game, which the Bears almost pulled out a win at the end. It was a really good game. Don is always neutral when the Sooners and Bears play each other, even though it drives Larry Weaver crazy. Today, I was all for the Bears. They are ranked for the first since 1969. That's a long time. Would really like to see them get to the national tournament and do well. And it doesn't hurt that my oldest and her hubby both work for Baylor University. He's the head trainer for the team we watched on TV today. Got to see him a few times.


Don put a whole chicken in the rotisserie and we smelled it cooking for 2 hours. O my. Thank you again, Cheri, for this fabulous gift. Dinner was better than any we could have eaten out. We will think of Cheri every time we cook something on our Baby George Foreman Rotisserie.
After dinner we went to the Carnaval Room for the Dave & Daphne Show. The room was full and Dave Salyer and Daphne Anderson put on a really good show. They had "request time" and I asked for a Patsy Cline song and Daphne did a great job singing "Crazy." O my goodness, it's Minnie Pearl. I got a picture of her leaving the stage and headed to her "dressing room."

No comments: