Thursday, March 12, 2009

And the blooms begin

Last night, I went to bed with a sinus headache, woke up with the same headache, took something for it and went back to sleep around 7:00 this morning.  Don got ready and went for his usual morning walk.  When he got back, I had managed to lose my headache somewhere between z's.  As soon as he stepped inside, he looked at me with this pitiful, sad look and said, "I got thrown into the lion's den!"  Oops.  I forgot to tell him that someone told me they would do that during the Park Party today if you didn't purchase a badge before going up to the club house.  They told him a friend must bail him out.  Some of the guys standing around teased him and told the "officials" they would pay them $5 to keep the preacher in the "jail."  Someone did pay the $2 to get him out, though.

It's pot-luck salad lunch Thursday couple's Bible study .  Yes!  Six couples getting together, studying Galatians 6:1-10 and eating together on the patio in the beautiful Arizona sun and breeze.  We had a great discussion, shared prayer requests, encouraged each other, prayed and dined. (LaVon, where is your camera?) (in the truck)

Well, it's March Madness and we watched a couple of Big 12 Conference Tournament basketball games.  The number one and two seeds, Kansas and Oklahoma, lost to Baylor and Oklahoma State.  Go Bears!!  Our Sooners lost by one point.  Semi-finals are tomorrow.

At sunset, I walked over to the cactus garden to see if anything is blooming yet.

I can't wait until all these buds are open!  It is loaded!LOADED with buds I should check with Toma before I post these.  I don't know what this is.100_2800100_2829 This ocotillo is close to showing red.ocotillo, getting ready to bloom

Cactus... something like Pencil, preparing blooms.100_2831soon to bloom A fruit tree of some variety. 100_2815 I FOUND ONE!!100_2817 So pretty.100_2818 The "early bird" on this cactus.100_2824 Close-up. Colors are so vibrant. 100_2825And the last performer of the evening, a solo.100_2836  Desert blessings, indeed.

No comments: