Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tulsa to Branson

8:45 AM and we have prayed for a safe trip, thanked God for our family and friends and what He has in store for us and we are on our way!  Entering the I-44 turnpike to Joplin. What a beautiful, clear day. We are so thankful that Don decided to move our travel day up a day.  It's 69 degrees and only a slight breeze. Praise the Lord!

Received this email from the Double D's (Dave & Darlene Sutton:

Good Morning,
Happy (Belated) Birthday Wishes!!!!! 
Can't believe we missed your birthday yesterday.  I always check blogs at least twice a day.  Anyway, hope it was a good one and you have many, many more. 
Will you please send some warm weather to Michigan.  I haven't worn shorts since we left Alabama.  I'm ready to head to Florida now.
Take care, love to both,
D & D

Thanks bunches D & D! Hearing from you guys just continues my wonderful week.

Last night we met Stephanie, Rick, Taylor and Logan at the Redrock Canyon Grill on the Arkansas River in Tulsa. As Don said, "The service was excellent and It was quite the meal.... huge portions."  Had the North Coast Alaska Salmon grilled to perfection, with garlic red mashed potatoes, two ears of sweet grilled corn and a house salad with a special spicy southwest dressing. Don had the same, except different... [grin]... two huge grilled pork chops was his meat of choice.  Thanks to Rick and Steph for the delicious treat! They gave me a birthday card that Logan (5 yrs old) had proudly picked out.  I am sad that I can't scan it right now and share with you.  It was so cute with a picture of a little Chihuahua on the front, opened up to "It's your birthday! Couldn't you just pee from the excitement?!!!" Loved it!  And loved how excited Logan was to give it to me. We all got a big laugh out of the card and Logan and I gave him a big high five.

After dinner, we all went over to Steph & Rick's for coffee and American Idol.  I predict that David will win. I agree with Simon, Baby Face won the night. I've sort of been partial to Table Sugar all along the way he can take any song and make it his own, but they are both very talented and deserving. We were in David Cook territory in Tulsa last night.  All the local TV stations were rooting for D.C.

Stopping to re-fuel.. $3.59.9/gal

Going to read my book for a while..

Dead Heat by Joel C. Rosenberg 

check ya later!

Don got lonesome while I was reading, so I'm going to look at Snookie's pictures again.  Awesome.

9:10 PM --

Before we reached the Missouri border, we passed this piggy-back trailer on the side of the highway, I-44.  Not good.  Sure plowed up some dirt.100_6357

Country sure is green.100_6358 Welcome to Missouri.100_6359 On the way through the Missouri countryside, it was so pretty and green.  100_6360

 100_6371 Looks like we're getting close to the Ozarks.  I see rocks. 100_6367100_6380We made it to Branson West about 2:00 PM at Castle View Country Club and RV Resort,100_6382 but did not stay there because, would you believe it????? NO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA A T & T CELL PHONE SERVICE!!! So... we are now back at Oak Grove RV Park where we were last summer.  Feels like we're home. Lucy & Jimmy are here and it's sooooo good to see them. Here's Lucy's friend, Carol & Lucy (her real name is Pam). 100_6389 Bubba (Jimmy) and Lucy (Pam) are the couple we met last summer from Louisiana.  They knew exactly what I meant when I said, "How's yore mama an ni'm?"  Jimmy's the one that taught us about a 'fold'.... originally, peanut butter on a piece of bread folded over, but broadened, by us, to mean any sandwich. I told Lucy that I only had one little picture of her from last summer, so I was going to fix that. She'll learn, won't she Quail Run buddies? :-)100_6390 Glen (Carol's hubby) and Bubba helped Don get backed into the site and all set up and then they rested.100_6392

Did you notice my new pink flamingo in the lower right corner of the above picture? I think I shall name her Porsche. My son-in-law, Mike, just had the big one, if and when he ever reads this blog. 

Well, Don & Jimmy got cable hooked up and the TV working just in time for the American Idol finale.  I'm going to post this before Snookie, Tammy or anyone in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zone sees it, so just in case anyone reads this before watching, I won't ruin the surprise for them.  Oh whatever... DAVID WON!!

Don will be preaching here at Oak Grove RV Park and across the street at KOA starting Sunday.  He's rarin' to go.  George & Sharla, owners, seemed thrilled that we're back, so that's a good thing. Needless to say, please be praying for the worship services here and our time with all the wonderful people we are going to meet.  God has a plan.100_6384

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

You are always in our prayers. I know you will touch the hearts of many people like you did at Quail Run. Should I have Rick talk to Lucy to let her know what she's in for? LOL